How are your liver enzymes

I went to doctor for blood pressure check he wanted to take blood work too. Thought oh great I bet my liver enzymes are elevated because of drinking. Sure enough they were. Have a physical coming up and have stopped drinking to see if I can get them down oh and also of course to get a handle on my used to be daily drinking. Does this issue come up with any of you all?

Sure did… i had alcoholic hepatitis… my enzymes are down to a more healthy level now!! Thats as close to cirrhosis as i ever want to be

2 Likes

Yes Im pretty worried. Perhaps this is finally the sign that will get me to stop for good…

For me, i unfortunately still drank after the dr told me about my liver. I had some sober days happenibg for me which was a big step from where i was but i jusy couldnt quit. I finally have been able to put 66 days together after many failed attempts and a record of 78 days of being a dry drunk. I went for my last resort which was aa. It had helped me more then i ever would have known. But that is just my experience with it😉

4 Likes

Thank you Gibb. I’m five days now. Certainly nice waking up with more energy although getting to sleep is still difficult. Will certainly be curious if 11 days sober is enough to bring down my numbers to a normal level.

1 Like

I read that it takes around 6 weeks to lower the numbers. Dealing with this issue, also…

1 Like

I’ve heard anywhere from 4-6 like you said. Tried to stop earlier but just couldn’t find the right time or moment. Will see what 11 days does. Also cleansing. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Yes I am eating much healthier. The increased appetite is a good thing because when I am under stress which has been prevelant since the start of the year I tend not to eat. This and mostly drinking not a good combo for sure!

1 Like