How can I deal with living in a house of people who drink?

I had been drinking every single day for three months living with three roommates (who are also good friends) and didn’t realize how bad it was until I left for a couple of weeks. I have only drank one night since I’ve been gone and I feel so much better. The thought of going home and being around the temptation bothers me. I’m heading back today. I won’t be socializing with them because they disrespected my privacy while I was away by picking the lock to my bedroom door, having a party and letting people sleep in my bed and on the floor. I plan on moving but until that is possible how can I deal with them trying to convince me to drink and the temptation I may be feeling? I give in very easily. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

1 Like

I think I’d try to know in advance some things you might say when/if they are bugging u. If they persist, then leave for a while or go in your room and shut the door.

I will face offers and temptations to drink Saturday for sure. I’ve decided I’m saying I’m taking a year to get healthy, IF I have to go beyond a simple no thx reply. It’ll be a cookout situation, and frankly if I don’t wanna drink I dont wanna drink and it’s none of their business. I plan to never drink again, but at least my “reason” I will tell people, if asked, will probably make em leave me alone. If I start to get too uncomfortable, I’m out of there. Byeeeee

Start talking about how you found Jesus and that they need to find Jesus as well. They will leave you alone from there on.

10 Likes

When do you get back?

Hey everyone…

So I got home tonight and I’m pissed. It was worse than I thought. My room was torn apart and someone was sleeping in my bed. I didn’t even know them I turned the light on and said… Hi… please get the fuck out. She just said… umm sorry!! Grabbed her bag and ran into my friends room. They’re trying to be all nice to me I’m just ignoring them because I feel like I want to physically assault someone. I just keep telling myself don’t get arrested… don’t get arrested. I did end up going for a walk to calm down and found a cool book shelf in some random alley way. It’s called take a book leave a book lol. I didn’t have a book to leave so I felt like an asshole but I’ll bring one back tomorrow. I took a book called ‘kindness boomerang’ how to save the world and yourself through 365 daily acts! It’s all about being kind… I just keep telling myself be kind. Don’t rip their faces off. Anyway, I need to move!!

6 Likes

Your housemates are crabs in a bucket, content to enjoy themselves, not realizing their eventual fate is the pot, then the plate.