How can i rebuild my self esteem?

Outside of therapy sessions, what are some simple daily activities i could try to improve/rebuild my confidence. Any suggestions will be nice

2 Likes

Reinforcement. Practicing the response you want to have to a thought or feeling helps it come easier the more you do it.

Visualizing can help you figure out what that might look like. What would my reaction to [insert scary situation here] look like if I were completely self-assured? How would I hold my body, choose my words, etc. How would I behave differently around [insert person or group here] if I treated myself, my time, energy, etc. as more valuable?

Affirmations can help as well. You can find lots of affirmational messages on the internet to repeat to yourself. Some of the cards @aircircle has shared on this thread work as affirmations, for example, like this I’ve copied below. You might find you get additional benefit by doing this kind of thing out loud.

Also just keep trying things and doing things, especially new things. Your successes will teach you that you are capable of great things, and your failures will teach you lessons, including that the world doesn’t end just because you made a mistake.

The process takes time, so it’s good to be patient with yourself as you grow.

4 Likes

For me I’m currently work the 12 steps and that has helped me with my spirituality. Helping others is another thing that helps me. Talking with people in the program. Introducing myself to people. It takes courage on my part to introduce myself to someone and helps build my confidence and self esteem.

4 Likes

This is an awesome list :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: