How did I get this far?

I am one month sober. I wish I was happy, but these past few days have been stressful and mentally exhausting. I almost didn’t realize that it had been a whole month. Since I don’t have anyone to share it with i figured I’d share it here.

19 Likes

That’s great! 30 days is really a big deal, :smile::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, Donna. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Well done! Congratulations on your 30 days. I don’t have anyone in real life to give me recognition either. By sharing here, we all get it and understand how hard it is to get that 1st month under your belt.

4 Likes

Congrats on 30 days!

2 Likes

Ive been trying so hard for this 30 day chip

Im at 18 and i deffinetly had to bite my toung at times

Im very happy for you

2 Likes

Congratulations!! 30 days!

1 Like

Congratulations! 30 days is a big deal. My current situation is also stressful and I have not done a great job of tracking milestones. Your accomplishment is something to celebrate—if not “out there,” then in here! We probably appreciate your challenges to a greater degree than anyone else. :blush:

1 Like

Great job! I know it’s tough feeling like no one else cares about it but you but it really is a big deal. Especially if you move past all the negatives life throws at you. Those things are going to be there whether you drink or not. So stay sober!

2 Likes

Woo hoo!! 1 month sober is wonderful!! I remember the first time I hit 30days so many emotions came up and feelings I hadnt dealt with from my past. Something about that 30 day mark!! We spend so much of our lives repressing our feelings and sobriety makes us feel all of it (especially at 30 days for me) so just hang tight, this too shall pass. You are doing awesome!!

1 Like

The first 30 days are a huge milestone.
Congratulations!

Go YOU!

1 Like

congratulations on a month not easy at all keep it going !!

1 Like

Congrats on one month! I’m a couple days behind ya…but I/we totally get it. Stay here and vent or do whatever cuz ppl here seem to really understand what its like.

1 Like

Great job!! You should be very proud. Stay strong and keep going! :raised_hands::facepunch::muscle::star:

1 Like

Congratulations on 30 days. That is awesome work. Just to remind you that you do have someone to share this journey with.
We are here all the time, your sober family.
Also, we can’t expect to be happy everyday, all day.
Life won’t let us.
We have to learn to work through life’s little curve balls.

1 Like

I don’t have the words to tell you all how thankful I am to have so many people say such encouraging things to me. :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart: From the bottom of my heart I thank you.

1 Like

Congratulations on your month, that’s an important milestone!

It isn’t necessary to continue on your own. Here’s a thread (Resources for our recovery) full of ideas that various forum members have used to get and stay sober. Plenty of discussion on a wide variety of methods that have WORKED!