How did you do it?

i really dont know how to get through these withdrawals. i live in a small city and there is no detox center at our hospital. a friend of mine tried to go in and they put her in a padded room for hours, then finally came back and pretty much told her to leave, that there was nothing they could do. i do want to get sober, but im not ready for treatment and i work two jobs trying to keep up with everything. it feels impossible at this point. idk if im strong enough, but i really really do not want to keep using. im so over the whole drug game i wish i had never started.

6 Likes

Well, I don’t know much about drug problems (other than alcohol), to be honest, but I’m sure that it can be very difficult to get out of a situation like that.
Still, you’ve certainly made a good step by coming to this website, where there really is quite a community, and probably a lot of people with whom you could relate.
I’ve only been back here for just under a fortnight, but I really do find that it helps.
I’m in Italy right now… a VERY big place for wine (my DOC)… but I’m back to just about 12 days… and feeling pretty well about it.
I can well imagine that you wish that you had never started, we all do.
But it’s too late for that, now you have to get your life back, one day at a time.

3 Likes

Read this to yourself a few times.

8 Likes

What is your DOC? I am the same as @Daishippai with wine so I am not sure I will understand your challenges. There are so many people here that will be able to give good advice, but you have to really want it and commit to the change.

As @Englishd says, your messages are incompatible at the moment, and that may be part of your process of acceptance, but you do need to reframe your thoughts. I do think you are strong enough though. You work 2 jobs which is an achievement. You can do this.

1 Like

@JennyH…DOC is fentanyl. It’s in the tag under the title.

@kamikovv…Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to detox. We’ve all looked for that magic pill but it doesn’t exist. Give in and go to treatment. I know that feeling of not wanting to put sobriety first. I’ve been there myself too many times. But there came a point when I was finally sick and tired of being sick and tired.

6 Likes

We do it by putting sobriety first, doing whatever it takes to stay clean and sober. Best wishes to you

3 Likes

Thanks @Lisa07 still not great at spotting tags.

Fentanyl is not something I understand as it isn’t common in Britain, or the necessary treatments, but wish you all the best @kamikovv

2 Likes

I only withdrew from alcohol. Hell. But worth it in the end.

The only way to do it for me was one second at a time. I thought I might die plenty of times. Im not glorifying it. Thats how I did it. One second at a time.

3 Likes

Well said!

I know you said your in a small town…I underwent a rapid detox under anesthesia for 7 hours and pumped full of naltrexone via ANRClinic…there are several different treatment centers very similar to this around the country, this is just what I chose. I had to travel to Florida for the procedure and it’s not cheap but I believe they offer financing and perhaps scholarships are available…Tomorrow I will have 20 days clean from a huge baltimore fentanyl habit…spending over $1,000/week and holding a good job doing so while running in and out of dangerous streets and holes. Enough was enough. I’ve watched too many people die and had way too many situations i.e. guns in my face etc…where I was just sick of it all…The week before my procedure my girlfriend of 5+ years who I fully supported left me. It has not been easy to say the least. After the procedure though I had no cravings and minimal PAWS symptoms…sneezing fits, stomach issues, a bit of insomnia, etc. But it’s manageable and brighter on this side.

I’ve returned to work and am hitting the gym everyday. If I can do it, you can do it my friend. Where there is a will there is a way.

I take 50mg of naltrexone daily to block and heal the damage the drugs have caused. I’ve lost about 25 lbs since the procedure…

You’re in my thoughts…don’t be a statistic…too many people are dying daily from this bullshit.

4 Likes

Dude. I agree with a lot of what you said. It is NOT easy for alcoholics to withdrawl though. They say its the most dangerous and possibly hardest withdrawl.

Don’t think most people here “sipped” wine and beer. Lol.

I had to put off stopping drinking for like 2 more years until I could graduate college at 29 because I knew I couldnt stop while I had class. So yes I agree with a lot of what you said.

1 Like

You can do anything you set your mind too. You may not know if you can do it but we all believe in you. I got very bad into cocaine amd alcohol. One night i messed up badly and said that’s it I’m done i can’t live this life anymore. My kids need me i need me. And I’m 15 days sober as of 5 minutes ago. The first days were awful and I was on an emotional roller coaster. Now I’m doing everything to get my mind and body back to where it was plus better than before all the alcohol and drugs. I go to meetings as much as I can. Talk to sponsor 2-3 times a day. Got into therapy. Just in these 15 days I already feel like I’ve grown and getting better each day. Just remember we all believe in you, you can do it! One Day At A Time. Good luck on your amazing journey to sobriety.:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

@dalex77_2
I’m glad you’re here to share your experience.

@kamikovv I’m sorry this feels impossible. You are strong enough. That situation with your friend’s treatment sounds awful and I can see why that wouldn’t seem very helpful. But, did it help them at all? Are they off drugs, were they offered therapy, treatment, medication?

Can we brainstorm one first step you can take? Maybe finding a Dr. That can help with medication assisted treatment? Maybe asking for some time off from work to get through the worst of it? Family, friends, supports that you can call on? Social services in your area that can offer financial or other assistance?

2 Likes

i relapsed again. the pain is just too much, especially working 10+ hours a day. this will be the last time i use though. i am getting clean. im calling out of work tonight, have tomorrow off and hopefully can get some suboxone and kratom before my shifts on monday. i hope it will be enough to make it somewhat bearable. i can barely even make it past 4 hours clean at this point. does anyone know of anything that can help get me to the 24 hour mark so i can start with subs? i dont want to do this anymore. i am so desperate at this point. i need my life back.

1 Like

also to let everyone know, i plan on only using subs and kratom for the first few days to get through the pain. i do not want to become dependent on either of those, as i know they are also really difficult to come off of. i just need something to ease the pain.

1 Like

I would consider getting some professional help to assist in your transition. I have 20 days today off the fent after rapid detox. Becareful about taking subs too soon…it will throw you into precipitated wd and make it more difficult…

I’m rooting for you brother…that shit is the devil.

6 Likes

seems like it isnt really an option, cant afford treatment and dont qualify for medicaid. feels like im stuck in the middle. i live in a small town and have had several friends try to go to the hospital to detox, they were all turned away. its a struggle forsure

not great, i always end up going back