How do I check in daily

Welcome :hugs::tada::pray::tada::hugs:

1 Like

Calling it a loop is actually pretty accurate. There is light at the end of this particular tunnel. It’s just a matter of grinding through it.

The real issue is that every drinking episode I have just pushes the light farther down the tunnel.

Once I get through this I should be able to relax a bit and spend my spare time learning to play golf again and getting some exercise.

But the issue here isn’t my daily responsibilities it’s my tendency to binge drink. That only makes everything worse.

I hope you manage because the anxiety depression and guilt that goes along with it is awful.

Day 5 and I am managing well so far. Saturday will be the test but since I am so self aware at the moment I doubt I will backslide this week. After that I will take it as it comes.

How are you doing Elaine?

Day 5 too and doing OK. Last night was a struggle. My mind was telling me I was doing so well that to have one drink would be fine but kept telling myself it wouldn’t just be one and would end up waking in the morning ridden with guilt and anxiety.
Drink makes me depressed anyway and I am a much happier person without it.
So feel pleased and happy I got through it.
I have been swimming and out walking so feel better for that too.

How did the meeting with your daughter and girlfriend go?

It went great. I thought it would though. My daughter is interested in and going to college for something very similar to what my girlfriend does for work. So they had much in common. It was all huggs at the end. Not sure if daughter was just being polite or not but she seemed sincere.

2 Likes

How is today going?

Today’s good. Got lots of sleep, am about to work for a few hours and then spend the evening with girlfriend.

This is usually when I decide to drink a little but I’m determined not to drink today.

1 Like

Good. Stay strong

How are you Locky?

Did you get through Saturday OK?

All good elaine another day down nearly bedtime yesterday (Saturday) was a hard day to put down but I did in much better form today and starting back at the gym 2mrw…how are things going with you

Struggled on Thursday but got through the rest of weekend.
Exercising definitely helps.

Good to hear. Ya it does anything that keeps the head busy helps me anyway I do think this week will be alot tougher the 2nd week always seems to be that be harder :see_no_evil:

Elaine…!!!

You doing okay?

Yes thank you for checking in on me. Was at a hen do last night which I was dreading but got through it much easier than I thought.
And when it got to the point people were so drunk they were telling the same story 2/3 times I was glad I wasn’t one of them and was happy to leave :sweat_smile: and woke up feeling good about myself this morning.

How are you doing?

I can relate to this.

I’m good. It is entertaining to be around inebriated peeps while you’re sober.

How are you doing Locky