How do I stop the timer?

Not only do I want to reset the timer, I want to stop it and measure downtime as well. I assume this is a feature, as there is statistics for it, I haven’t figured out how to do it, except delete that block of time.

1 Like

What do you mean by “measure downtime”?

I have my ups and downs. I mean the time when I relapse up until I decide to try and stop again. Keeping track of such statistics is very important, so that you can see how you are improving overall, and it can be a huge motivating factor for when you relapse, as you want to minimize your relapse time.

what are you getting sober from? in my experience, holding a reservation like this, planning for relapse to happen, does not motivate well at all. I had to let go of that idea early on for sure. leaving the door open like that did not go with sobriety for me. what I have learnt from others on this forum supports this experience.
maybe take it one day at a time and just try and focus all your energy on getting sober?

here’s some helpful stuff for all kinds of DOCs: Resources for our recovery

6 Likes

Why not just reset your timer every day you drink? Recovery is one day at a time. It’s always just one day at a time. Every day sober is a win, every day using is not a win (so it is a relapse).

5 Likes

If you reset every day you choose to relapse, then you’ll see all your relapses in your Statistics and your History, from the main page of the app. That’ll give you a clearer record of every single day you choose to grow & be sober.

3 Likes

Having that type of tracker would defeat the purpose of naming the app “sober time”. I agree with Matt, you’re better off just hitting reset each day you drink.

6 Likes

How’s about you start it with the intention of never restarting it again. Alcohol isn’t your friend and never was. I suspect you know that already.

3 Likes