How do you celebrate your milestones?

As I’m coming closer to one year I am wondering how to celebrate my special day. What do you all do to make your milestones special?

2 Likes

I was just about to comment on the daily checkin one and ask you what you have planned. Twenty some days can fly by. It’s pretty cool you are so close. I was a little on the nervous side but excited. But it was a great day all in all. I went out and had a nice filet and then we went to the theater and froze our asses of in a movie. It had to be close to 50 something degrees in there. I don’t get cold often but holy moly. Pretty great night for me. I hope you have a blast at whatever you do

3 Likes

You could donate to smart or another cause a portion of your savings from not drinking.
Smile and move on.

3 Likes

Pizza, wings, mac & cheese.

4 Likes

You could be self indulgent and get your hair done, get a pedicure or maybe a massage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m owed some money from a job we did ages ago so once it comes in it’ll be sort of like free money. I’m then going to either buy myself a 1970s left hand Antoria Les Paul I’ve had my eye on for a while, or get a cheap flight to Luxor and go investigate Egypt again from a nice (incredibly cheap via airb&b) apartment overlooking the Nile.
I must have saved many times more than either of these would cost over the last year @Pleausy (and I’m alive which is a bonus!) so why not.

4 Likes

I plan to shop for some clothes with the $ I have saved :slight_smile: Browsing online after I finish reading this forum.

2 Likes

If you chose to spend your money on a trip to Egypt, please don’t forget about us! Pictures and journals please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certainly will! - it’s an amazing place and the great majority of the people are unbelievably welcoming.

1 Like

Maybe treat myself to a book and starbucks… I was thinking to using my camera and photograph something and hang it up as a reminder of my milestone

2 Likes

Oh that sounds great! Except the cold :joy:. I’ll let you know, how my day went. I have to work that night, so maybe I’ll postpone the celebration to the day after, the first day in the second sober year.

1 Like

I love that idea! Thank you!

Or a completely new hairstyle! Or maybe a tiny tattoo. Love the ideas!

Ohhhhh Egypt! I do not really have the time to travel long around my anniversary, but maybe I can plan a nice weekend somewhere…

1 Like

That picture idea is supercool! I have a polaroid camera, maybe I’ll take her for a walk and make that one picture. So that in ten years there will be a galery of ten pictures. Thanks for the idea! It’s really great.

1 Like

Actually, now that you mention that,I have it planned that I’ll be getting a butterfly tattoo on my ankle (which I sprained my last drinking bout) for every year I’m sober :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m thinking about a tiny dot for every year I make. Let’s see!

I’m 32 days from my year. I’m going to Phoenix for 10 days before hand as for the actual day I’m thinking greatly overpriced dinner and dessert.

3 Likes