How do you think sober will help you or change you ?..
- I will no longer be hungover at work or call in sick because I’m hungover. Therefore, my productivity will increase.
- I will be able to stick to a healthy weight loss regime and exercise routine to see results vs. setbacks. Therefore, improving my energy level
- I won’t have to lie to my son about being “sick”
- my depression related symptoms has already improved
- my memory will continue to improve
- i will stick to commitments
- my self-esteem is improving
- I can live my life with integrity
This list is endless. Sobriety is a gift of life. Giving me my life back and the chance to live it.
I think it will give me my life back!!!
The oversharing omg I can relate to that one. I hated that I would overshare all the time
God, I was the oversharing queen among other things. The shame! Ugh!
The only way I’ve managed to somewhat deal with that shame, was telling myself that they were drunk too and probably don’t remember in full detail just like I don’t remember exactly what I said lol I hope at least
Still new, but like previously stated, I don’t feel so ashamed. No waking up feeling embarrassed for the way I acted, or wondering how I acted.
On lighter note, I’ve also found I enjoy reading again!