How I'm doing now

January 2021 I started smoking Delta 8 due to my back pain, at the age of 24 I’ve been diagnosed with arthritis and needed to make a means of feeling no pain but still working. A year and 11 monthshad passed since that day I started, and I was doing Delta 8, Delta 9, and smoking the actual marijuana itself. I found out I was addicted to it in jail. After my three month stay I’ve decided and succeeded not only to stay sober but to stay away from that stuff all together. I started smoking the stuff at 14, using it little just to get high sometimes. This past year i used it every day, missing 2 days out of that almost 2 years of using. Each day I was high. I couldn’t talk without being high, go to church, family gatherings, even watch my own kid for that matter without being high. I’m not proud of it. Found out from a counselor in jail that I was addicted to it. Changed my life if I have to put it. But I’m currently 109 days sober, and still counting. I’m proud of the person I’m becoming. I have my goals set. Job in place, good in my stomach, and all with a clear head. Thank my higher power. Thank God. I hope I can get some insight on what to expect with the progression of my sobriety, found this app on my Google store, figured I’d try it out. Open to advice, suggestions, and or story telling.

7 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober! You’ll find wisdom and support here. You need not be alone with your addiction any more.

I was willing to pay the price of various consequences of my drinking as “the cost of doing business”. I went to jail for a little bit, but the thought of going for longer (3-5 years) supplied the fear I needed to stay sober for some time, enough time to start growing my sobriety and getting to love my sober life.

Here’s a thread full of ideas for you to get started.

2 Likes

Thank u so much

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 109 days. Plenty of information and great people around to give you advice. You made the right disicion to get sober and stay sober you can be very proud. It wil get eassier, one day at a time! :v:t2::blue_heart: