How is your sobriety going?

I just completed my goal, Staying Strong (3 days), in Sober Time

5 Likes

7 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes clean. Almost got the double digits! The real challenge will be the 30 days! thanks for all the motivation!

3 Likes

In about 3 hours I complete day 19 - two days left to reach my three weeks goal. Very proud of still being sober. At the same time it is dangerous situation- After relapses I usually could stay sober for 2-3 weeks and then started to forget what happened. I feel good to make it different this time. The forum is a great help for me! :slight_smile::muscle::+1:
Stay strong and stay sober to everybody! :heart:

6 Likes

@Zyzz1990 & @Sumatra73 Congratulations, Iā€™m so happy for you both! It brings so much joy to my heart to hear people are overcoming addiction. Itā€™s an inspiration to my own journey!!! Tomorrow Iā€™ll unlock my 30 day goal!!! Whoooohoooo!!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::tulip::rose::tulip::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::smile::smile::smile::smile: Stay strong & sober! We can do it!! :v::v::v:

6 Likes

Iā€™m now on Day 3 of no alcohol. Iā€™ve never been a daily drinker. Day 3 - Day 5 is when I usually fail. The true test is between now and the next 2 days. If I can accomplish that, it will be a little milestone of its own for me. I have not went longer than 5 days since 2 1/2 years ago when I had quit for an entire year. So far I have had no cravings for alcohol but I know itā€™s coming soon. Iā€™m keeping busy with work but I know the hardest time for me during the week is right after work around 5pm. Happy Hour time. If I can distract my mind during happy hour time until about 9pm then itā€™s easy for me at that point. I feel after 9pm itā€™s too late to drink since I have to work the next day.

Good job to everyone!

3 Likes

Great job @Ozdownunder!

Totally understand @Anthony
Try not to think about the days right now, if day 5 is usually a an ā€œendā€ to sobriety day then try not to think about the days until day 6!
I know, easier said then done and your always going to be thinking about day 5 even when your trying to focus on anything but that.
You can always try thinking about day 1-2-3-4 and how you were able to achieve getting through those?
I know you said those were easier but that might just be a mind set, a lot of times whether we realize it or not day 1 is the hardest!

2 Likes

18 days. Inching closer to the 30 day mark, which is my first goal. Been really edgy the last couple of days, but Iā€™m still here and still sober. Hope yaā€™ll are alrite!

6 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement @Rikk! I totally understand what youā€™re saying. The last time I quit in 2013 I quit counting days after about 100 days. I didnā€™t have a sobriety counter back then either. Tomorrow & the next will be tough for me but I have plans to get out of my apartment and not come home until itā€™s too late to start drinking. Keep up your hard work as well!

2 Likes

Congrats on 18 days @Fubar84! Thatā€™s an accomplishment. I canā€™t wait to be there. Iā€™ve been reading your posts and youā€™re doing great. One day youā€™ll get to a point where youā€™re strong enough to not have to hide in your home and get out and enjoy restaurants without such a huge temptation. Day by day we will get there together. Stay strong buddy!

1 Like

@Anthony
Were here for ya manā€¦
Most of us if not all of us are pretty quick to respond, thereā€™s always the email option if you donā€™t want to make whatever you wanna say public.
My last time sober went four long years so i know all about counting days lol!
If keeping yourself active away from home works for you then have fun doing whatever it is you doā€¦be safe, stay strong, stay sober!

2 Likes

Failed after 13 days sober. So its been 2 days sober now. But Iā€™m determined! Helps to hear others with similar issues.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still struggling with alcohol this go around (and weed). Its been a two week relapseā€¦Iā€™ll make it through about 24 hours and drink and smoke a bowl. BUT I am two weeks clean from pills, powders and cigerettes today! I know eventually Iā€™ll beat all my demons. I just need to pray, reach out, and stop giving in.

3 Likes

@Ash
Is not easyā€¦
One thing at a time, one day at a time!
Weā€™re here for you when the going gets rough.
Stay strong!

1 Like

@Ash you are doing great!! I donā€™t know what others may think but I would bet cigarettes are one of the hardest things to quit!! You will do this just keep on going!!

2 Likes

Tyler, I commend you on 5 days completely sober! Not an easy thing to accomplish. Although I do suggest not trying to quit everything all at once. I suggest quitting your drug(s) of choice, but keep the cigs for now. Now, I am not telling you not to quit smoking, but thereā€™s a much higher relapse rate when people quit everything at once. Although cigarettes sre harmful, they are not a mind altering substance. Iā€™d say give it a momth just quitting drugs and or alcohol, then when you feel comfortable, quit the cigs. They cabn be a GREAT stress relief and could prevent you from relapsing on your drug of choice. Iā€™ve tried that before and if I relapsed on smoking, my addict mind told me, well I already relapsed on cigs might as well relapse on everything. This is coming from experience, advice from counselors and sponsors, and research. I have 4 and 1/2 years clean September first. I am going back to school for my masters in aoda counseling. I also learned a lot from the 6 inpatient rehabs Iā€™ve been through and countless outpatient treatment centers. I hope I helped some. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Yeah I agree with ya. Im hanging on to them for now. All the research I did said the same thing, but of course I still tried and that was when I relapsed. Figured I was going to enjoy the little guys for the last time to the best potential they could be so I bought 4 blue moon tall boys and smoked half a pack. Made it 2 days before I almost snapped on my boss. That ā€œone last timeā€ mindset has always been my downfall. This time Iā€™m picking my battles with more thought and insight. Eventually the war will be won. Thanks for the wisdom

1 Like

My therapist even told me ā€œone thing at a timeā€ when i told her i quit drinking now time to quit smokingā€¦i didnā€™t understand it at first but i do now!

I hate this life!!! Felt so strong and positive then suddenly have the urge to drink and snort!!! Donā€™t even know why!! Iā€™m sitting here quite happily then the urge comes. Gonna ride it out

1 Like

@BloodyMary
Hang in there!
It does suck but it will pass and youā€™ll feel stronger and better about yourself when it does.
How many days have you been sober?