How many days y'all? (Part 1)

146 days. One week to 5 months :grin::metal::pray:

7 Likes

Hi! Your whole other level! Love it. I honestly didn’t even know what basmati is?? Lol I was like k 22 meters look it up now basmati :laughing:. Ah ok a rice- do you season that too or it has its own flavor all by itself? Do you mash the banana? It sounds good! Was wondering about any changes you noticed from change of sugar. Here’s the thing I lovvvvve Godiva Midnight swirl ice cream here n there throughout the week lol- But I do feel poised to make a shift in that area… I actually just got a bag of Stevia last week and plan to use it for tea making-peach n ginger sun tea yaaasss. Tahini yaas right?? You obviously create with Quinoa then too yes? I’ve only started w oil, frozen garlic cubes and was thinking about adding squeezed lime but don’t know if it will mix with the garlic? Yas “those” moments absolutely and wonderful that you find them in those areas…me too-found little like 13-18’ waterfalls, hikes, mountain biking and all the rest and I started noticing even when it’s so brief sometimes but really nourishing to my heart space and head space…I started calling it Flight of the Neuropathways. Mostly because for me it was about rewriting and re-wiring a deeper connection to what my heart needed to be able to breathe and thrive even moreso. I’m really intrigued by the whispering you mentioned…that really landed for me, can you tell me more about that?? There’s a really great 24/7 marathon meeting on zoom that’s awesome too. It’s actually an international meeting but all in English all day and night. Pretty cool to hear from people all around the world in that common way of experience strength and hope. That’s really fortifying to your journey to connect to all that you do- it’s an honor to know you and connect! :dizzy::pray:t2::metal:t3:

1 Like

Haha thank you so much Scottie!
I am just giving my best to design recovery as comfortable, nuriting and healing as possible…

At the moment i feel strong… But I know I am not safe already at all!!! Sometimes thoughts about the iced white wine are knocking hardly!!!

About the whispering…
Or personal new meditation routine:
1. step…
I am writing positive intuitions for the day like
“i am strong”
“i am free”
“i am at ease”
“i am hopeful”
“I deserve to be around people who are good for me”
“i am protected”
2. step
I am repeating it 3 times whispering.
Might also speak loud, but whispering is more smooooothing to my mind :blush:
3. step
Breathing meditation
Hands on heart and thankfulness in the end

I am doing this since a few days and it really helps about how I c and feel the world around me :revolving_hearts::pray:

I don’t like Quinoa, my stomach hurts when I am eating it. Not programmed for it maybe :joy:. Basmati is a very common side dish for Indian and Asian food. No spices, it has a nice special scent.
Hmmm… If i am taking about Tahin, it’s oriental sesam paste. But it’s also a spice, isn’t it?
For the nicecream I am just using frozen banana (cutting them in halfs mostly), put in a blender, wait 2 minutes and blend… Maybe with dark 90% chocolate, nuts or like I had last time pineapple. If it is not that easy to blend, put a bit of vegan milk in it. Ahhh… Or making a slushice out of frozen watermelon. Unfortunately i don’t know the icecream you mentioned.

Yap, did my 2000meters again :rofl: :swimming_woman:t2: and tomorrow in the morning i will be back in the pool. Did some swimmer stretch workout before. I like to go hiking next week, didn’t do that for a long time… But i am sure here is no waterfall :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Ok… Maybe we have to open a new topic “Healing mentally, healthy eating and Sports” :rofl:… Not to annoy anyone here.

3 Likes

Today would have marked 7 months sober for me, but here I am back at 3 days and resetting the sobriety clock countdown. Although I can’t help but feel disappointed, a part of me feels stronger than ever. I got myself signed up for a Continuing Recovery Group and although I did “slip” the other night, I knew immediately it is not what I wanted.

So here’s to moving forward.

“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”

6 Likes

I’m on my 2nd day…ye!

5 Likes

This has been the time I said I’d do it and kept my word

6 Likes

5 Likes

13,888 days clean and sober.

7 Likes

I hit my four years milestone yesterday, I didn’t use a program or meetings, and some days are tougher than others even now. Although I don’t comment on here too often I really appreciate being able to drop in to read people’s experiences and suggestions!

12 Likes

Really fantastic!, I admire you!

1 Like

More than one month. Very happy and peaceful.

6 Likes

I am 14 days clean! Thought I would never see this amount of days back to back. I am soooooo grateful for this gift of life. I promise to add meaning and purpose to every relationship I encounter in some kind of way.

7 Likes

Starting Again Day 1

3 Likes

Congratulations on 4 years !! Wow !! :tada:

4 Likes

First post and starting on Day 5 going on 6 without alcohol. Just tying to get myself and my life back together. 🥹

5 Likes

1007 days without the booze , never want to go back !
For the new ones that are just starting the sober journey ,remember one day at a time, let the future do not scare you. Be proud of every second, minute, hour , day that you are clean. You are not giving up something instead you should be happy getting rid of something that is controlling your life. We all believe in you ,you can do it !

12 Likes

Sober for 60 days :partying_face::partying_face:

8 Likes

Ill be 10 days in a few short hrs.

8 Likes

Me too…congrads to both of us!!!

6 Likes

As of right now……8-24-2022

I have……

1y 4d no alcohol
44 days no weed
8yrs i have not picked up a cigarette :smoking:
6.5yrs i change my lifestyle and went from 300lbs down to 172lbs and i still struggling REALLY BAD with my food addiction & this play the hardest role of struggle in my recovery!!

I am a compulsive eater, I will eat under and for any conditions i am experiencing an not having my DOC is a stressful situation for me so guess what i am running to and trying to stop myself from doing!!

9 Likes