How many days y'all? (Part 1)

Back to 14 days :muscle:t2:

8 Likes

I like a lot of things. Which I never do.

Fishing, skateboarding, music, gardening, movies, cooking.

I’m a mess that can’t even enjoy his own hobbies.

3 Likes

It’s possible you might be depressed Rob. Losing the joy in the things you normally like doing can be an indicator.

In your shoes, I’d make an appointment with my doctor and mention these things. You mightn’t feel very motivated to go, but if you don’t, things might stay the same. The same cycle again and again.

Keep coming back here, and talking it out. Especially when you’re feeling down and on the brink of drinking / using.

4 Likes

Thank you Binx.

I do have depression but it’s deeply seeded and not something I can easily address. I take meds. They don’t help much.

I will ring the doc and make an appointment. That’s good advice.

3 Likes

36 days just had my 30 milestone and now on to 90 what can life be so beautiful :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Day 9. Slowly and broken but not defeated.The Lord helps me

5 Likes

1month and 13days sober

8 Likes

12 days for me and no thoughts of using . I feel like this app and ca zoom meetings have saved my life .

6 Likes

Day 11 for me. I joined a sober hiking group on Meetup yesterday and will be going for a short hike Friday evening and a Free Thinkers Sobriety Breakfast Club on Saturday morning. I’ve been trying to reach out for community as all of my friends and family drink and I’m noticing that all of our engagements involve alcohol.

8 Likes

Welcome! You’re doing brilliantly! :slightly_smiling_face: Well done to you, I love how you’re filling up your time and putting yourself out there :raised_hands:

2 Likes

13 Likes

Nearly 2 weeks x feeling so much bettet in myself. Need to make my plans like i did for last wekend and keep busy or rest and read while its a bank holiday.

7 Likes

That’s exactly it, map out your bank holiday weekend so it’s impossible for you to drink. You have got this :muscle::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m designated driver again tonight, and I’m more than happy to do it.

One foot in front of the other, friend! :foot: :foot:

4 Likes

i’m 5 days and ready for it to be forever

8 Likes

Day 46…here we go again. This is like the 16th reset. Daily battle but i will keep on trying.

8 Likes

Day 14141 Clean and Sober!

16 Likes

I never thought I could do this. But so far, I have. My mind dosent feel foggy, I’m thinking more clearly and I can concentrate better. I have zero craving for weed, alcohol or opiates. I feel free at last! 41 days and counting!

11 Likes

Day 1, again :disappointed:

7 Likes

That’s super impressive @Chance – You are really LIVING the sober life.

@Musicman 46 days is awesome… hey, we’ve all had our resets. Hoping to make this one count. We are in this together.

@rsvf we all have to start somewhere - congrats on your day 1. This was the absolute hardest for me. Stay strong. ODAAT

130 days for alcohol and weed
545 days no cigarettes
Still have my cravings and miss the taste / initial fee sometimes but am blessed to keep moving forward and living the sober life.

7 Likes

7 days today! i also attended my first AA meeting this morning and am finding the tools to keep that number growing!

11 Likes