How my second DUI saved my life

The first DUI was a slap on the wrist I was back driving in less than 3 months. The second DUI however, was the most beautifully painful experience to ever happen to me. I had to look within and find the root cause of alcohol. No excuses no blaming my wife, no blaming my kids, no blaming the relationship with my father it was just me. The reality was I was not taking accountability. I was running from my life and I hid behind alcohol. December 21st 2016 was the fateful day I was arrested. Everything I took for granted was made crystal clear to me. What a tantalizing feeling to look at the car you worked hard for, shining at you , but you can’t drive around the corner and not risk felony level charges. For anyone struggling with giving up alcohol know that’s it took nearly a year later to give up alcohol. December 10th is when I had my last drink and I will Herald and cherish this momentous decision. I am thankful for the dreadful community service picking garbage up at 6am in frigid temperatures. All of these fueled my promise to never get out in this situation again. I encourage you’ll to embrace all the hardships alcohol has placed on your life harness those Lamentations and transform them into aspirations of a alcohol free life.

16 Likes

Amen and thanks for sharing. Been there and done that. Done with alcohol too! Life is so much better without it. :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes