How old are you? I'm just curious

51 years old

29 years old

The average age (from those who posted) is 39.9 - the Median is 40. 29 is the most common with 4 people coming in at 29.

And a pretty histogram :wink:

17 Likes

I am 45, about to be 46. I can’t be sure how ling I have bwen an addict. I might have been an alcoholic in my youth until I got pregnant at 17. I don’t know the exact year that I got addicted on Pain meds and then later benzos. I am trying and have been trying for a while to get off of them. I started suboxone and was going to stop that soon but fear kept mw from it so I have had that monkey on my back since 2015.

2 Likes

Well I’ll just say i’m in highschool :sweat_smile: so definitely pretty young lol

4 Likes

There are other teens around, as I’ve gathered from context in various posts. You’re far from the first :smile: Most people don’t make a big deal about their age, understandably.

6 Likes

Honestly I wish I had noticed my issues when they started, which was around 14. I might have ended up somewhere completely different in life if I had. Good on you for seeking help now.

Unrelated, I’ve got a cousin in Munich :de:

7 Likes

25 in two days

2 Likes

I’m honestly really glad I realized that I had serious issues so early and social media ironically helped a lot with that.

A fellow southern german person
Nice :))

1 Like

Old as dirt. 51

1 Like
  1. Drinking on and off since my late teens. Regularly in my 30s and 40s. Started smoking when I was 21. Able to quit when pregnant and feeding but the want was always there and turned to sugar and food to numb myself.

So grateful and glad to be on this journey.

46 years old. 116 days sober.

2 Likes

I feel so much less alone… :joy::100:

3 Likes

Someone’s bored at work eh Dan?

1 Like

Haha yeah! There’s lots of other things in should be doing! Lol

3 Likes

Yeah, easy to get distracted.

When I was 12, my sister was half my age. Shes now 32.

5 Likes

Mentally I am 15.

3 Likes

Ahah, you’re 64 then? :thinking::rofl:

6 Likes

35 going on 36 on 9/11

1 Like