How’s everyone feeling …

I feel so so sad and empty tonight not sure if it’s because of being 10 days sober or just really down!

14 Likes

Those first few days are rough. That’s for sure! Sending you a big hug, and congratulations on 10 days! :people_hugging::heart:

5 Likes

10 days are such a big deal. I am sending you positive thoughts.
IMG_0887

3 Likes

I feel you, I’m at 9 days. I had a strong craving to want to come home & drink tonight. Instead, I went on a walk & ate too much sugar! Sugar wasn’t the best choice but at least I didn’t drink.

6 Likes

Congrats on 9 days!

3 Likes

Hugs, life isn’t always wonderful. Hope you can do something to take care of yourself tonight.
Congress on 10 days! It is a favourite milestone of mine, I read once alcohol can take up to 10 days to leave your body, so you are now officially free of that poison. The future is yours.

5 Likes

Just think you are ten days sober thats something to be proud of. Imagine if you were drinking, you probably still might feel sad but you would feel even more sad bc you would still be drinking and not focusing on things in life. The next day waking up still sad, but tonight say some things you’re grateful for and hopefully tomorrow wil be better. Keep pushing forward. Much love

9 Likes

It’s not easy but we are in this path together. It’s more about learning to live again without alcohol/products. Good days, Bad days…but you’ll handle this better than when you weren’t sober. This is the promise you have to believe. :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Crappy today and exhausted.

3 Likes

This too shall pass :raised_hands: things will get better if you keep pressing forward.

4 Likes

I’m also feeling sad and lost. But it’s only my day 2, so no wonder I’m feeling like shit. I’m sending lots of strength to your way. You’re not alone.

3 Likes

Day 1 here. I know it will get easier.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to reach 10 days again. Congrats. Hopefully your feeling a lot better today since you chose not to pick up that drink last night!

2 Likes

I know how you’re feeling, and it’s normal for some people. When you spend so long using your DOC it can be a disorientating when you’re suddenly left with this time you used to waste away. You might find certain times of the day harder to get through, because you’d have had a routine with your DOC. My flare goes up after 9pm, so I try to be busy between then and bedtime.

You don’t want to leave a void where your drug of choice used to be in your day, it needs to be filled in with things that benefit you somehow. It could be something relaxing, some exercise, a hobby, something educational etc.

Hang in there. I’m at 11 days and just taking it one day at a time. We are here with you, keep checking in :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes