How Shame is the Source - Brene Brown

Interesting for lots of us. :pray:t2:

10 Likes

Damn that’s one honest share bro… Talking about reflection. Backstreet would say “I like the way you work it”
Happy at least one of us had some fun watching :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I listened to this podcast the other day. Seemed kinda relevant
https://onbeing.org/programs/brene-brown-strong-back-soft-front-wild-heart/

1 Like

To further @ThajokerNL backstreet sentiment, no diggity, no doubt.

My life sure became a lot more manageable and full of joy/happiness/contentment when I started doing more and more things that made me uncomfortable. Leaning into something that causes you a discomfort furthers you from the things that keep you shackled to your old reality.

We are human, we are not perfect, and that is okay.

7 Likes

(I just had to have Alexa play that now, lol)

2 Likes

Try, try and try again. I never get anything right the first time it seems and that kept me from trying to do a lot of things. I’m not a perfectionist but I am someone who likes to be proud of something I do and I don’t want participation ribbons for my efforts.

I’ve learned a lot about trying something and getting better at it in sobriety. Working on a craft. Reminds me of playing an instrument in elementary school. I was pretty good with a trumpet from the jump, I was the “first chair” lol, but I never worked on it and didn’t practice. So I was soon relegated to the 3rd chair and I hated it. I dropped trumpet and started baritone because I was better than the other guy at that. Guess I’ve been doing this for a long time now that I think about it. In the last 2 years of sobriety I’ve done something, fucked it up and did it again better many times… and I’ve gotten to the point where I enjoy that process instead of throwing it in the trash and moving onto something I have more natural ability with.

Sobriety has been a boon for me, I’m so much more of the person I always envisioned myself being, reacting better, being more proactive, more protective. All because I have tried and tried again.

And yes, it’s Blackstreet :rofl::joy: how did I not catch that, I’ve loved that jam for as long as it’s been around.

5 Likes

Hahahah I typed just blackstreet but then frkn autocorrect made me look like a fool :grin:

2 Likes

To clarify and without a doubt… And the song still kills it.

4 Likes

This was actually the first thing I ever heard or read from Brene (I saw the vulnerability one afterwards). It was brilliant. I’ve never forgotten it.

2 Likes

Backstreet boys where also killing it in my younger days. This one did the trick :smirk:

2 Likes

Even the silly music stuff :hugs:

1 Like

@nsavins4818. Check this one out!

Great share, I love reading her books.

I can recommend anyone to read “The power of vulnerability”. It has been such an eye opener for me. Very interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Brene Brown is my absolute hero!!! She has a new podcast coming out in March. I cannot wait