How to deal with your first night help

So… this is my first time coming home from work and not having a drink… Feeling anxious and antsy… It’s hard to just sit and watch a movie… Tomorrow I have off definitely scared of what’s ahead… Thankfully I can’t get to a store and get any alcohol but I think I may go crazy at my house

Hey Dip, I am also at home tonight and feeling an urge to use my drug of choice. At times like this, accountability helps me. Up for committing to each other to stay sober tonight? We can do this together. You’re not alone.

I’m 92 days sober today. I can promise you it will get easier and it’s worth the work.

2 Likes

Absolutely I did take a zquil to hopefully help me fall asleep so I might not make it all night

1 Like

Are you doing anything to occupy your time… Any project tonight? People say it helps I guess

I’ve been reading a comic book this evening, I’m 31 but I still nerd out occasionally.

In the beginning it takes some time to settle in but you are doing the right thing not picking up. I read, ran, worked out, ate a ton of sweets. Frozen kit Kats were helpful. Try to find a hobby to keep your mind straight. I go to AA meetings now a days and that helps me just talking with people that understand the insanity on my head. I did try cold turkey alone and that was harder for me. Find what works for you. Hang in there it gets easier.

4 Likes

Well I’m refolding laundry and deep cleaning lol

1 Like

That sounds familiar, I cleaned for hours upon hours. It really took some time, but eventually I learned to find some healthy hobbies that I could let myself enjoy. Cross-stitching is one of them. And now that the snow is starting to go I’ll be getting my bicycle out soon.

Well I wish I could drive and go get something but I live in the country with no transportation

Hope you’re doing ok this morning.

I am never fell asleep tho so today is officially sucking

Take some vitamins like calcium and magnesium before bed and get a long walk outside.

That should help you sleep tonight from exhaustion.

Hiya how are you doing? For the first couple of weeks i ate quite a lot of sweets :grinning: i replaced my drink with fizzy juice. I tried some posh ones that I’d never looked at before which were hmm unusual lol going into weeks 3/4 i started to cut back on the sweets an bought various fruit and nuts instead but kept with the fizzy juice. I’m now halfway through month 3 and have stopped the fizzy juice as well. Amazingly i have lost a stone in weight since becoming sober.