How to delete Profile

Can someone help? Thanks.

I thought this just got addressed. I’m not sure how to do it. And can I ask why? Because there was more than one opinion in the other topic?

Because there should be a way that’s why.

@Robin I thought that he announced that it is possible.

Why do u want to delete profile?

He did but I looked through the whole post and could not locate his actual instructions on how to do so, hence, here I am. I wrote Robin already, thank you for trying to help.

1 Like

Well I hope you don’t bail out @Allie82. You’re quite a character!

1 Like

Me neither. I think we are.

Apparently not the most popular opinion. I’m not bailing on my sobriety, I just made a mistake at joining this forum. All I need is my counter on the app, I’ve got my meetings and my books. I don’t need to be attacked and judged online, was looking for comfort and ended up in tears.

There’s a really big red delete my account button if you scroll down your profile settings

1 Like

I’m sorry you are leaving because of a comment. I had read it didn’t see why it was such a button pusher. But I don’t want to try and talk you into anything but just let you know your opinion has as much validation here as any. And I’m going to give a quick bit of advice. In the first part of early recovery we react and interpret things that might not be quite that way. But you are entitled to your feelings and I am sorry yours got stepped on.

4 Likes

We are not here to judge anyone but to help them in sobriety, not everybody gets sober the same way, but we are all here for the same reason, I join this forum last month, and I was down on myself but, now i will have 2 months of no alcohol for me tomorrow, that is my struggle.

Well, that’s a damn shame. Maybe sleep on it? Which will probably be a crap suggestion as it’s bound to be 8.30am where you are. I’m sure no-one intentionally meant to upset you.

Thanks for your heartfelt message.

1 Like

It’s 8:30 PM where I am.

1 Like

Well when i read the post I looked and it was under the blue save changes button.I looked again and it was gone

1 Like

I was half right then! I just hope you’re not too hasty, whatever’s happened will have been unintentional.

i honestly don’t know how you can delete your own profile, i just know how to delete a profile as a moderator. Maybe @Robin or @JustL knows something I don’t. I hope you decide to stay with us though. We really are here to help you, not bring you down.

Im sorry you feel that way. What you can do is change your screen name of youd like to stay on here. Ive been through alot on this form and chose to stick around anyway.
Im sorry someone attacked you I didnt see it but its still shitty.

Ive just learned that when people treat you like crap its a reflection about how they feel about themselves.

3 Likes

The way this forum’s software is built means that users can’t be deleted if they have posts. Even moderators or admins can’t delete users who have posts, the posts have to be deleted first. That’s why you’ll see a button to delete your account as a new user, but not after you’ve started posting. If users do decide to leave the forum we make the account anonymous.

3 Likes