How to get over it

In rehab for second time trying to keep pushing forward after loosing my ex who was my world an they say it gets easier but when. When does it feel like the world is not just a black hole

6 Likes

Hello and welcome. It gets easier when you truly find acceptance. You never know what can or will happen with your ex but that isn’t your main problem right now… work on fixing yourself, forget the outside noise and life will fall into place for you. I’m glad you’re here, best wishes.

2 Likes

Problem is when u make someone your everything when they leave you have nothing, my advice is to invest in yourself and your sobriety at the moment

3 Likes

Im glad your are here♥️
Oh I wish I had the answer. All I know is I have felt the same, and now I feel better. It really would be nice to have a time frame but sometimes we just don’t know and all we can do is remind ourselves that nothing is constant. All you can do is try, and just keep trying, like you are. Take it one day at a time with your addiction ,and also in emotions. It’s so hard not to look too far ahead, but I think when we do that it can drive us deeper into that dark hole. You’re here today and that’s what counts. If you do what you need to for yourself things will change and good things will come your way I truly believe that. I’m sorry that you’re struggling right now. Please keep checking in here this community helped me so much. I haven’t checked in for a while and decided to check in this morning and I’m glad I did to welcome you. I’m almost 9 months sober and feel better than I ever have. There are still good days and bad days, of course, but the hopelessness has lifted. This will come for you too, but right now focus on now if you can. sending strength and hope your way.

2 Likes

Welcome! I am glad you found us.

I dont think there is a timeline that fits everyone. We all experience the grief of loss differently. Feel what you need to feel.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the support an welcome I have been slowly working threw it today makes 4 months I have been clean I’m 29 an over half my life been addicted to drugs I’m just trying to prove to myself there is other ways to enjoy life then get high an better ways to cope with things then turn back to drugs

6 Likes

There are!! My favourites are venting and talking things out on here… then i have an actual list on my phone of things that make me happy and things that im greatful for, get list writing youl find things crop up youd forgotten about then go about doing those things more

1 Like

Sometimes it takes till you meet someone new or spend more time finding happiness in yourself first.

1 Like

Hey i have seperated from my wife and felt like u in January but since then i have got sober and found new hobbies and believe or not it dies get better i no saying that means nothing right now but it will , something that helped me was writing a diary then rereading it u start to see positive entries even if its small things like “woke up today and first thought wasnt about her/him” also a saying that helped is" each new day you heal a little " so just get through the days and with each sunrise no u will feel a little better that day . I wish u all the best :+1:

3 Likes