How to get sober?

I sooo wanna be sober. How can I start? Please someone give me advice. I have tried so many times, smoking and anxiety is killing me and my lifestyle, health and what not.

2 Likes

I’d definitely recommend aa meetings if u have any in your area. The first time I ever went to one was such a relief to be with people who finally understand my struggle x

2 Likes

I’m not good with people I think.

I am in IOP and attend NA meetings at least once a week…

1 Like
  1. Think only about Today. Decide that you will not drink TODAY

2. Accept that you will want to drink today, and it may be uncomfortable,but you can tough it out for one day.

3. Avoid places, people and things that make you want to drink.

4. Busy yourself with something that makes it difficult or impossible to drink while you’re doing it.
    (for some reason, trampolines come to mind)

5. Make yourself too tired to drink.

6. Go to bed sober, and get a good night’s sleep.
    When you wake up… :point_down:

7. Repeat steps 1-6

8 Likes

Can you inbox me this

1 Like

Here’s what I did to get to where I’m at today.

30 days inpatient rehab. 4 months intensive outpatient rehab. One on one counseling. Psych doctor. Vivitrol injections. 2.5 months in a sober living facility. Then AA and NA everyday for 6 months, I still go 3-5 weekly to AA. I have a sponsor, work the steps. I have a home group and service commitments. I take other men through the steps. I have a higher power and I use Him. Most importantly I don’t drink or use drugs one day at a time

10 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

Simple go try a meeting they will help ,and thats how i got sober and still am wish you well

And that’s the problem.

I don’t have any solutions for someone that’s set on doing this alone.

Reach out for help. That’s where the real battle starts.

1 Like

From my experience I’m on day 3 now just take it each hour at a time if you know your gona get distracted keep busy watch TV, work out go for walk? You got any pets there always a good distraction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have bunnies LOL!