How to Quit Drinking without Alcoholics Anonymous

Yes thanks for the link at the top it’s very helpful for people who don’t fancy AA.

I never did AA. I went to a few groups run by “Lifeline” this is in the UK, they were nice. No strict rules about “cross sharing” and no structured steps. Just a lovely fairly small meet up of people sharing their stories, helping each other and offering advice/support. We even had art sessions and poetry/reading sessions. We had a couple of sessions of guided visualisation and after you pass the 12 weeks sober you can opt in to go to the mindfulness groups.
Looking back it was very well organised, but don’t know how it compares to AA because I never went to those.

Any Brits reading this, look up Lifeline!

1 Like

I go to AA meeting still today after all these years ive been sober and it works for me it might not work for everyone , when i came there wasnt any rehab or internet i just went to meets and got a sponsor got on the program mobile phones wernt that popular then youd need two hands to lift one but for me it saved my life and gave me a new way of living its been going her in Scotland since 1956 so its lasted a few years and got thousands of people sober , if you can do it another way my hats off to you but ive had 31 years of a new way of living everyone have a good day

1 Like