How to stay active when working away and not just looking at the four walls of the hotel

I work away most of the time and if I’m not going to the pub with the boys I’m drinking in my room to pass the time and boredom I enjoy climbing but when you’re away and do have someone to Go with you it’s a bit scary to just turn up one your own dose anyone have any advice suggestions of how to overcome this

Do your climbing wall have Bouldering areas. I quite often go bouldering on my own.
Read a book. Get the Big Book and other sobriety related text.
Watch TV. Go for a walk, explore and discover things about where you are.
Just to start you off.

I like hitting meetings in different areas. It’s a great way to make friends everywhere you go

1 Like

Reading books is great suggestion! Or watching YouTube, learning something new, play PlayStation? Exercise - walks/run, meditation. I like to cook, I never made the time for it before when drinking, but now I’m excited to prepare nice meals for myself and others :blush:

I’m in Hotels as well man lol! The Hotrl I have has a little gym. I’ve been training myself to wake up at 4am to run or workout. Then, I go into work. When I get out. I usually read, write. I’m hell bent on not drinking any more. So I’ve decided to work the mind, body and spirit. I also hit up the AA meetings. Google ‘AA Meetings near me’.
I’ve decided not to try and seek out women ( I love the company of a beautiful gal ^.^). Don’t get me wrong though, if a lovely gal is persistent, I’ll happily oblige but I’ve been keeping to myself for the most part. That’s my little advice ^.^

2 Likes