Hows everyone?

Hows everyone gettin on today? Im having abit of a low moment right now so thought id check in before i do something i regret!

5 Likes

I’m attending a virtual industry trade show via zoom. It’s like being pecked to death by a duck.

7 Likes

Feel daft but whats a virtual industry trad show haha

69dff6ee180ce39fa5eafd48ed96179b8d9f5d501fae63a4dbbc28c9584dc9cb.0

Have you been assaulted by a duck at some point in your life? :astonished: :joy:

1 Like

Industries have trade shows. Manufacturers, suppliers, and sellers of products gather to see what’s new and exciting in the particular industry. Pre-Covid they’d be held at convention centers. We listen to analysts talking about our market, Manufacturers and suppliers hawking their products to us, the people who actually market and sell to the customer.

This year its all on zoom, and it’s like watching paint dry.

3 Likes

Just painful enough to be annoying, and actual death long in coming.

2 Likes

Yeah from that it does sound really boring! Haha

Haha. Have a second screen set up for a movie next to your zoom :wink:

“Death is the ultimate destination but we all make stops along the way” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could be better. I’m craving and having a nasty head ache :exploding_head: :persevere: Will do a proper stretching tomorrow with better hydration.

3 Likes

Headaches are the worst part i find! But it is all worth it aleast

I felt the same today Jamesy. Something shitty happened today and I was in the supermarket after that. The thought of booze and sigarettes was so strong, but in stead I went home and posted here too… Good for us :muscle:

2 Likes

Hey James! Sorry you’re feeling low, well done on coming here :+1: I’m feeling quite chilled out this evening. Got me candles lit and my log fire cracklings away with a peppermint tea on the go. Just trying to stay in the calm zone as best I can whilst the worlds’ going crazy outside :crazy_face:…So thought I’d just check in with my sober tribe and see what everyone’s up to. Hope you shake the low feeling soon my friend! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Great job Naomi, what happened to trigger you? :two_hearts:

1 Like

I shut off my best friend today and completely blocked her. We had some issues but today was the last drop and I know there is no turning back. I was really angry, now I’m mostly sad. Don’t have a lot of real friends left so yeah, I’m a bit in the self pity mode atm…

2 Likes

Yeah coming here is such a great reliver of stress for me ! We all have those days sadly

2 Likes

Love log fires there so relaxing i find! And thankyou hope i can shake it off too! Can be overwhelming at times

1 Like

It is right! Sharing is caring.
I sometimes feel like a kid who has to learn to handle emotions like a grown up. I normally would just grab a bottle and pass out. It was never a solution though.

2 Likes

That’s rough…I’m sorry you’re going through that :two_hearts: please stay strong, we are here for you lovely. I have had to cut certain people from my life during this journey. It hurts at first but I promise it doesn’t hurt forever and In the long run it is for the best. We have to have boundaries and we have to protect ourselves first and foremost! Take a little time to be kind to yourself, you got this, one step at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thing is, she’s a non-drinker and was a big supporter. But she hurt me, thankfully I was sober and didn’t respond in a nasty way. I’m proud of that.
Thank you for your kind words Sarah! :heart: