Hubby wishes I would drink

@Dirk i totally agree with your post @bobslife 95%of your post s are borderline negative seems a lot more fun and happiness maybe needed in your long sobriety :thinking:

1 Like

In addition, I may also add: I am not too quick to judge the husband: when he says those horrible things, he is also somewhat under the influence of alcohol. And did we ever regret the stupid things we said when drunk? I sure do.

Sometimes a little understanding of why we say what we say goes la long way.

1 Like

@Cleon i also am not quick to judge breezy3s husband at ten to twelve drinks a day it clearly suggests he is very much still in the madness and would like his drinking partner back to enjoy the “fun”with him

2 Likes

How are you doing now?

1 Like

Thanks for asking. Still struggling with keeping myself sober and having my husband tell me he wishes I would drink and having him drinking all day everyday is rough. Glad there is a lot of sympathy for him in these responses though. I’ll make sure and pass it along to him

8 Likes

I need to type a post here but my actual response would have just been a :frowning:

Hang in there, @Breezy3, we are here for you!

1 Like

Glad your still sober @Breezy3 I can see it’s not easy for you .just keep working on your own sobriety one day at a time and keep sharing with us when it gets tough .sending love and hugs :people_hugging::heart:

2 Likes

It’s difficult.
My husband still drinks A LOT. He misses me being his drinking partner, too. I’m 174 days sober. We have a kid-free trip coming up in November and I’m already a bit nervous about how he’ll respond to my continued sobriety.
Good job for staying sober. :smiley:

4 Likes

We just got home from a trip to the beach. I even took him on a pub crawl! It was fun for me too though since it was a haunted history one. Good luck on your trip! I tried to make a lot of museum etc type plans that didn’t involve alcohol. Congrats on staying sober too! I want this to be a permanent thing but he cringes Everytime I say that. I don’t even get on here in front of him because I don’t want him to be upset I’m working on my recovery.

3 Likes

Frickin hell breezy that’s crazy I could not go on a pub crawl :exploding_head:

1 Like

My husband and I met as drinking buddies. I’m two plus years sober and he still drinks daily. In the beginning it was rough. Our dynamic changed a lot as I became more of a homebody and he wished I was still drinking a few times.

Now, 2 years out he sees all the positive changes I’ve made and just recently told me he thinks I really never should have another drink. I agree.

Put yourself first here and stick with it. If you can honestly say that your life isn’t better after a year sober reevaluate then. Stick with it, it is tough but you aren’t alone. 🩷

8 Likes

No that is not the case. I will refer to the first post, that people who have the problem associate it with the only one “having fun”

I would retort with “nah, I am just as much fun without the alcohol.” or “I am a fun person without the added toxins”

It is not you, I went through this with my ex… I couldn’t associate with it as it was a threat to my recovery. BUT that isn’t always the case if he is a good partner he will understand and respect the boundaries that you set. The biggest piece of advice I could give is to be CLEAR AND DIRECT with those boundaries so this type of thing doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes