Huge party! Craving for a drink

Going for a huge party( my nephews second birthday), alcohol is going to be everywhere. Need to scrape through this unscathed. I have my mind set to not drink today. No more feeling of guilt and shame! Any tips are welcome. Thanks

2 Likes

I dont know how far you are on your sober journey. If you think you will falter, I wouldnt go. In the beginning I didnt go to a lot of parties and events.

991 days later, The ones I missed havent impacted my life. Being sober was just far more important than a party.

4 Likes

You can do this!! Here are some tips that can help…

2 Likes

I agree with @Thirdmonkey.

Don’t go, use covid as an excuse or something. We all have an easy out of events nowadays. It doesn’t sound like you’re strong enough yet. But, it’s your choice at the end of the day.

5 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t go. Especially with everytjing else going on.
But this is your journey.
A brief appearance to say hello to the birthday boy, and deliver a gift.
Hanging around a ‘huge party’ is/has been an easy way to let oneself slide with excuses, and hide amongst the group as the consumption and conversations increase.
Either way, be strong.
We believe in you.

6 Likes

I’m afraid I’m with Thirdmonkey on this one. If you’re worried about it best not to go. I missed Christmas my first year because it was only 7 weeks into my journey.
If you go, just be firm and resolute and don’t stay long.
Whatever you do, have fun.

4 Likes

If you go, bring your own beverages. Make it clear you bring those because you ain’t drinking no more.

2 Likes

There are A LOT of good reasons not to go to a massive party this year; sobriety is but one. I’d say, Hard Pass!

4 Likes

I don’t know where you live, and if COVID, perhaps, doesn’t exist there, but please stay away from that party for your sobriety and others who want this pandemic to not get worse.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go, I’m surprised they’re even having a party in these times. I’d do a virtual call!

3 Likes

So with your own cooler with NA/AF beverages. Your own tumbler or koozie & flavored sparking water etc
My go to is san pellegrino blood orange, or local grocery generic brand skinny drinks. There’s a cucumber flavor one by DRY also in most grocery stores. Looks like truly but is AF and refreshing.

If you can handle going in total wine for AF section there’s good beer & wine there. Athletic brewing company has a good IPA & blonde with nice flavor.

Just bring your own & don’t give in! And leave before people get drunk! (you have a thing in the morning etc…)

1 Like

If it is a children’s party, there will be sober people there to look after the children no? And if not, that could be your job!

Or, just don’t go. Your nephew won’t know the difference! And if everyone else is going to be drunk, they probably won’t notice. You could always arrange a chilled out celebration another time if it really warrants it

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys for your comments, it truly helped me a lot, had 2 times I was about to let myself go, I read through all your comments and I moved on, I didn’t take one sip today, I am proud and confident. Thank you once again. It truly means a lot.

5 Likes