Hurting People Close to Me

I came across this app in hopes that I might get the right help or motivation that I need in my life right now. Long story short but when I drink I tend to hurt those I love. I drunk text awful things that shouldn’t be said and I’ve been doing this for way too long. I hate myself more than anything. I’m gonna try really hard and stop drinking all together but it’s gonna be hard in the industry I work in.

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome :wave:

There is lots of information and support here, while all our stories are different we all share one thing in common - we believe being sober is better for us and we’re working on making that better life happen.

Read, check in, reach out when you need to. Here is a great thread to get you started:

2 Likes

Bless ya … i can totally relate to those nasty drunken texts … the things i used to do to people i love is so shameful… but we have all been there… its not a excuse but its part of our illness… ive only just started to go to meetings but in 2 meetings ive learned so much about myself… have u thought about giving a meeting a go x

1 Like

Im going to put my oar on and hazard a guesa that you work in hospitality? Am I right? :slight_smile:

Ha yes I do. Well, the service industry! I technically don’t work at the bar but I do social media for a certain bar. I have easy access when it comes to drinking; however, I’ve gotten away with a lot of things but this time around I plan to stay the course. I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore, most importantly, myself.

I actually chatted with my HR Director a couple weeks back saying that I was very interested in doing that but I’m currently back on track with my perfect distraction, working out. I feel 100x times better when I workout, run, lift weights, and stick to my diet. It’s really keeping me together but I’ll look into those meetings!

3 Likes

Im a chef. Ive worked front and back of house. I do not drink. I am not there to drink, I am there to work. Where else would you work where its acceptable to drink?

I can relate to the gym thing i love how a run and bike ride makes me feel… all the best … your doing great x