Husband drank again...and this time was BAD

I know I went through that stuff when I was a kid and it was scary. Protect your kids and yourself, nobody deserves to be abused. Congrats on staying sober

4 Likes

Let him hit rock bottom, make him leave. Odds are he wont change until that happens

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re going through thisā€¦I canā€™t imagine how scared you must have been.

As far as what you should do, only you can decide what is best for your family. It sounds to me that youā€™re doing really great and he either needs to get on board, or get on out. He is supposed to be the leader and the protector of the family (thatā€™s the role of father/husband), not the source of fear. Iā€™m praying that this is his rock bottom and that youā€™ll never have to go through this again :pray:t2:

1 Like

Got to take care of you first. She did not hesitate to call the police because she felt threatened. Do not hesitate to go to meetings, alcohol and drugs are threatening to ruin your life. Get your self worked out. If you guys are meant for each other, it will workout. Most of us are addicted because we are addicted to this social american culture. I need a girlfriend or boyfriend. Jo you donā€™t. You need health and sanity. Take care of you for now, today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

1 Like

We have made plans to work on ourselves and start over as it is important for us to work on ourselves. But live separate. I have been going to meetings and even started to go to church together. I feel this new start for both of us will be good

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry about what you are going through. Iā€™m glad you are sober and able to take steps to protect yourself and your children. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: I hope you get all the support you need to work your way through this.

1 Like

I am so sorry. I grew up in a household where I wished every day my mother would leave my father, they are still together today. By some stroke of luck, I married a man who is everything my father wasnā€™t and count my blessings every day. My siblings were not so lucky and a 25% success rate is not winning. I can only tell you from a childā€™s perspective that you need to protect them however you can. This will impact their future. I canā€™t imagine how hard this is for you and I wish you strength in whatever you choose.

2 Likes

Except it wasnā€™t his first timeā€¦

1 Like

When my parents finally split up she said we could still visit him. I said why would I want to do that? I went about 10 years before I could talk to him.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you went through this. Iā€™v been through the same years ago with my sons dad :persevere:. Glad to hear you have stayed sober through it though ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was in an abusive relationship like this for 8 years. The first 5yrs I chalked up to me also being wasted and never remembering why we fought. But once I got semi sober and then pregnant I realized where the bigger problem was. I had to call the cops once while I was pregnant and gave him an ultimatum. Then once again he came home just like you described, woke me up at 2am, arguing about nothing and tried to force himself on me while our 8month old slept at the foot of the bed. I called them again and he was talking so much :poop: to the cops one actually tackled him to the ground(and I gotta admit that made me feel good). That was the last straw but it still took me about 2 more years to save up enough to move out on my own. Best thing I ever did. I couldnā€™t let him and his ways affect my happiness anymore. He ended up getting sooo much worse and turned to other substances since and is now in jail for possession and larceny. And after fighting my own demons that developed after going through all this I finally have a chance at a better life now.

4 Likes

I am so sorry you are going through this. Iā€™m glad his father was there to help. I too have no experience in this type of situation thank God. It sounds like youā€™ve been having trouble for awhile. And having the children there makes it all the more difficult. Or maybe easier, cuz u got to protect the children. I do have this experience with my children. And we told them they cannot live in our house if they are using. Had to kick one out. If you make a threat be ready to go through with it. You need a big boundary. God bless. :pray::heart:

2 Likes

How are you doing today?

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry you are going through this. Hang tough, it may not get better for him but it will get better for you. Iā€™m going through similar situation, he hasnā€™t drank since new yearā€™s Eve. Iā€™m just so angry I look at him and want to scream.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually doing pretty good, sobriety-wise. I still have some decisions to make regarding my marriage. Iā€™m definitely not happy. Heā€™s been giving me my space. He made an appointment to start seeing a new therapist, and wants to be reevaluated. He thinks he is bipolar (amongst other things). He says heā€™s recommitting to getting sober, which for his sake I hope is true. I told him of he f#@%s up again like this, Iā€™m out. He apologized to the kids, and his Dad.

As of right now, like sobriety, Iā€™m taking him one day at a time.

Thanks for asking :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Iā€™m glad to read this update. One day at a time is a valuable tool for all sorts of life issues. :bird:

3 Likes

Hiā€¦ It has been a while since you posted this. I am just checking on you to see how you are doing now.

2 Likes