Husband seven days sober..... prayers he stays this way😇

Happy to announce that my alcoholic husband is seven days sober as of today. Finally got through to his father and so he is on sobriety journey with his son. My father in law is a functioning alcoholic. This is a blessing that he quit drinking also to show support.He has mood swings from time to time but that’s to be expected, no other symptoms so far. I currently made the decision to be back and forth from family house to our old residence until he has been consistently sober. I feel God is working through his dad because as I stated before I was fighting a losing battle with him drinking with him and enabling. Keep us in your prayers because I knew when I was a active alcoholic 20 years ago I got sober because I was ready, he’s sober because of my leaving and his father so send us your prayers :innocent:

11 Likes

What great news. I am newly sober and my husband is not yet onboard. It has made it a bit challenging for me but the people here at TS have helped so much. I can only worry about myself. Good luck and I am praying for you all.

5 Likes

Prayers sent!! :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you. And congratulations on your sobriety. Praying that your husband gets on board there’s a lot of Life to live sober. Prayers to you

2 Likes

Thanks so much :heart:

1 Like