I almost relapsed again

Started working again after years, which is a HUGE accomplishment and motivator towards my path of sobriety

This morning, my girlfriend and I, being so sick with a flu, I couldnt go to work, requested the day off… taking care of each others needs, aches and pains:

I came across what I thought was a baggie, it turned out it wasn’t. Thank God

I was about to ask my girlfriend if she wanted to have some together, to relieve the sore muscles and headache etc

I am so p*ssed at myself, that I and we can be doing so great with no interest in doing the drug, but put it in front of me?

I would have.

Help???

All of our loved ones have struggled enough through this addictive lifestyle and we are desperate to stay clean

4 Likes

Hey man. Sorry to hear that. This disease is cunning and powerful. Please try working a 12 step program. The steps removed the desire to use and gave me a life that I love. Both things I never thought possible. People say it isn’t for everyone, and I get that, but fuck man it really works. Take care dude.

6 Likes

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate that. Ive been considering that 10 or 12 step programs, just been busy, and Ill definitely start one soon

Take it one day at a time just don’t use for today you got this