I am so worn out

Okay…I am on day 8 today. So happy for that. I have never been so tired in my life. My sleeping patterns are so off. I can’t sleep at night but I have to struggle to keep my eyes open during the day.

7 Likes

It gets easier. Aa has helped me I go a lot.

1 Like

Chiming in to say that I hear you. My early days of sobriety I slept and slept and lazed about. Your body is working overtime every second now to right a ship that was way of course. The more good food, water and good rest we can get into our bodies the better (especially in early sobriety). You are doing amazing things for yourself…keep up the awesome work :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

My sleep was a disaster the fist 6 weeks. Your brain & body are adjusting to this new normal. Give it time. Rest as much as you can. Drink a ton of water and eat good food for fuel. There’s a video on here called Roadmap to Recovery that would be great for you to watch. I’ll tag you on it. Give it a watch and it’ll help you understand what’s going on with your body.

5 Likes

Hello can you send me the video as well :blush:

3 Likes

That’s me the last few days all I want to do is sleep and it’s hard to sleep as well but like someone said it gets easier…You got this :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Yes! I’m not sure how to link it so I’ll tag you on the thread.

2 Likes

I’m on day 53, and I sleep 10 hours a night, literally work a full time job with The City, come home and sleep. Never been this tired, it’s the last 25 years (I’m 40) of daily hard drinking. I heard it’s PAWS?

4 Likes

Yes, I remember my first month, took almost 3 weeks before I could get back into a regular sleeping pattern. Try exercising, something simple as a long walk, can help in getting the body back to normal. You Got This.

4 Likes

Getting sober is the best beating I’ve ever taken…I am wiped all the time. I had no idea what a trash party my poor old body was going through. Clean food and big sleep are all that I can manage right now. So I get it.

I felt like shit all the time when I was drinking. At least this shit feeling means I’m doing something right, and my days have so much less guilt in them.

3 Likes

Alicia 8 day’s clean is HUGE… Congratulations to you on that… :blush::tada::fireworks: It gets better… :100: I’m down to about one episode a month to where I’m extremely restless… I don’t know why I do this to myself but my Creator said to share this with you… It could also be possible that I needed to hear it to and just stumbled upon your post… Do with it what you will… I’m just glad you are here… :point_up::blush:

~And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.~ :milky_way:

1 Like