I am/was not doing great

Last week was absolute shit. I had to quarantine for the third time. It was doable until my sister left to her own house. I became bored, started Netflix, made a new account for the umpteenth time. Attampted to pull an all nighter, next day did an all nighter. Spent about 60% of last week on Netflix. Been bingeing the walking dead. 4 seasons in 4 days. Hating myself whilst doing so. Sabotaging myself like crazy. Ignoring all calls from my sponsor. Added some YouTube to the mix. Some more series. Then my favourite character in the walking dead died. Hated that, finally decided to delete my account for the 14th time I think.
Contacted my sponsor today. Sabotaged myself a lot less today. Gonna start living the steps again. Gonna go here next time I wanna be a fucking idiot…which will probably be often as there is a new lockdown here(about fucking time)

10 Likes

Sorry you been struggling Jan.
I been missing you on here. Keep checking in and try not to be too hard on yourself. These are some fucked up times as well. Seems like lots of struggling going on. Hope yo see you around.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Me too. I am sick and tired of me distancing myself when I’m not doing good. Not because I’m scared of being vulnerable, but because I hate disappointing you guys eventhough that’s what this place is for. For help when you’re struggling and to be honest with yourself and others.
Probably a good idea to redo the steps again and working out

5 Likes

I binge Netflix when I binge, ,I choose to listen to calming stuff on YouTube,inspiring stuff when I’m sober. Hope you’re okay. :pray::fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

I don’t think you could disappoint us. As a matter of fact I was going to compliment you on leading that thing about gamer addiction at your school you were talking about awhile back. Then I guess I didn’t here much more from ya and then I forgot.

You have opened my eyes to a whole other addiction I was never aware of. I just never thought about it. My gaming level is like space invaders :joy:. That’s as far as I ever got. I guess like gambling or sex, addiction doesn’t have to have anything to do with what you injest.
Keep up the good fight you’re so worth it.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

I haven’t watched netflix/ YouTube for a few hours and already feeling great. Time to get back to doing what actually worked for me. Flip the kill switch on the ego

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Eric, I really appreciate you being there for me when I need it

2 Likes

At least you are being honest with yourself, and you’re clearly very aware of what you were doing and why you were doing it. Probably doesnt feel like it, but you are way ahead of the game in self-awareness.

I hope things improve for you :purple_heart:

3 Likes

These are unprecedented times so be easy on yourself. At least you recognized what was happening and put a stop to it.
I sure do miss seeing you around here.

4 Likes

Miss you on Zoom too. See you tomorrow?

2 Likes

It’s a tough time for people with screen addiction, being at home all the time makes it so tempting. You can do it, use your tools more.

3 Likes

I’ll probably be there

Oh Jan! Sorry it’s so tough for you right now…we’ve missed you! I was going great guns just like you then a couple of weeks ago I got massively triggered. It was a snowball kinda thing over a week or so. I toyed with the idea of coming here and reaching out as we all tell each other but thought…no I don’t want to burden the TS fam, we are all feeling these heavy times. Eventually I was soooo soooo nearly going to drink but thought, fuck it! If all I do is write it on here and post it and no one replies at least I’ve got the thoughts out. So I did… I posted and within minutes everyone talked me down. It works! This place is here for you, we love you to bits young man! Good job on turning off the Ego :+1: life is hard right now, I think it’s more important than ever that we hunker down here together until things steady out again :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Jan, this place is not only for chatting or discussing our so-so moments, but also --or even more so-- for reaching out during the bad ones. Please don’t isolate yourself. We’re here.

3 Likes