I been gone, catch up with me

What an interesting & open man, you are! I didn’t want to be a thread reader without introducing myself. I’m Tracy ~ I like your attitude & your sober enthusiasm :hugs:

1 Like

My son didn’t have a name for almost a week. And when I decided, I wanted to change my mind lol. I totally get it!

2 Likes

Well nice to meet you Tracy.
I’m Silas. Your neighborhood former addict and over enthuastic life liver lol

2 Likes

I have to ask.what did you call him for the week??

It was between Issac and Isaiah. His name ended up being Issac, but as soon as I decided on it, I wanted to go back to Isaiah lol. His father told me no, the paperwork was done and that was that! I actually have a few baby cards made out to Isaiah, haha!

1 Like

Hahaha that’s too funny.

Hmm… Here I’ve been thinking you would go with Mike…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah, wouldnt match our other boys. Michael happens to be my middle name though. Thus the M, in R M Grimmer.

1 Like

That’s a solid middle name. My initials are DME (occasionally DMHE)

2 Likes

Derek Mother-Hugging English. I knew it.

4 Likes

Checking in.
4 months and 20 some odd days.

It is a hot and humid day here.
For the past two days I been running a 10k for fun! Why?! Cause I am sadistic and like to torture myself. Anyway the soreness is real yetJust a minor inconvenience.
I digress.
Yesterday after my run I got to see my daughters for the first time in over a year. I planned it out all a little to close because I wasn’t even out the shower from my run before their mom was texting me like I’m here. So in a quick rush I get dressed and get them. Bring them inside and try to collect myself all within a two min span. My youngest still has issues with her mom leaving so she was a host of over flowing emotion screaming “I want momma” (heartbreaking) I think to myself, self " I should take them to a park" then it occurs to me walking down the street with a child screaming “I want my momma” could be a cause for concern. My neighbors save the day, their daughter was in their backyard playing and they have a nice sized jungle gym. They invite us over. Which I couldn’t be more grateful for. So that was my Friday .

Love them so much

7 Likes

Love this! Hope it’s the beginning of re-bonding & re-building a whole, healthy, brand new, beautiful relationship with those two cuties! And rest assured (despite the tears) they need you as much as you need them. What a beautiful Friday you had! (And not getting arrested for kidnapping while walking down the street is the icing on the cake :sweat_smile::smile:) Time to make the neighbors some cookies :wink: I can feel your gratitude & pride all the way in Michigan! Again, so thrilled!! Bravo Daddy!! :hugs:

2 Likes

My ‘baby’ is 20! :smile:

5 Likes

Checking in…
5 months…

I just finished a light breakfest. A small salad and a small portion size or peaches. As I sit here sipping this cup of coffee I find myself reflecting on how much time has past. Not only the time, but the peaks and valleys I went thru on this journey. While, my natural tendency to focus on the negative can be a pain in the ass. today is a day to be joyous.

A few of the good things that are happening.

I am rebuilding the relationship between me and my daughters.

I am in the best shape of my life.

I am a better friend to the people in my life than I ever have been.

I’ve learned patience and understanding…

I also find myself talking about myself less and listening more… Guess I’m getting wise in my old age hahah. Jking.

So grab a cup of coffee , sparkling water, kool-aid, juice (concentrate,pulp,no pulp, box, whatever) , root beer float, and joing me in a cheers.

In case you haven’t heard it today ;
YOU’RE AWESOME & I LOVE YOU

3 Likes

I have a green smoothie. Cheers!

1 Like