I call bullshit

2 Likes

If duct tape can’t fix it, it ain’t broke

4 Likes

I hate the glamorization of alcohol with women. More women are dying from this legal drug than ever because of the crap out there like this. Replace wine with heroin-doubt there’d be a sign for that. So frustrating! Just had to vent.

10 Likes

As much as I dislike the normalization of “Wine Mom” culture / emphasis on drinking in our society in general, it’s important to remember that not everyone is like us. I get what you’re saying, though.

If a “normal” drinker wants to buy a sign for their house, I say let 'em. They’ve got some serious thinking to do about other stuff in their lives if they’re dropping $63.96 on that hideous thing. And that’s on sale!

12 Likes

I totally get it. On the highway back to my moms to visit in beautiful Canadian Shield with fresh water lakes everyday there is a huge billboard from the local brewery. It has there logo and a big frosty beer glass and then it reads something like: now it’s lake time. It is such bullshit. Part of me wonders if it makes me so angry because I cannot partake in it anymore but then I remember how much more I am enjoying my lake time without!

4 Likes

You mean you wouldn’t want this lovely sign in your home?? I do see what you’re saying. Not everybody is like us but it sure seems like this crap is everywhere!

2 Likes

I’m enjoying everything so much more now as well! I thought the summer heat/sun/water would make me want to drink but it hasn’t and I haven’t! :grinning:

It wasn’t until I quit drinking that I realized how unfunny things like this are!!! I know they are meant to be “cute” and all but I find them everywhere now

2 Likes

Alcohol is a massive empire of an industry, once they got past prohibition, they all but annihilated the temperance movement.

I totally agree with the heroin comparison. Something that may strike even better than that is pills as they aren’t viewed as poorly as heroin is being that they’re legally prescribed to so many people by physicians.

People view alcohol as synonymous with “a good time” and I don’t agree with it at all, but I’m an alcoholic so I wouldn’t. More power to the people who can drink, I cannot so I don’t even pay it no mind really.

7 Likes

This sign makes me want to go buy some duct tape and be a real man! :facepunch:

5 Likes

If it’s not supposed to move but does…duct tape.

If it’s supposed to move but doesn’t: WD-40

5 Likes

Put the duct tape over your mouth. You won’t need the wine and the husband might get a bit of piece and quiet, and save the household 63 dollars on cheap tat

5 Likes

While not everyone is like us, the “wine mom” culture must be doing a number on their kids. Could you imagine growing up where your mom jokes about “needing” alcohol just to deal with you? As a kid, I’d be thinking, “Am I really that bad of a kid”? That must be great for their self esteem!! :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Most people can enjoy alcohol, and associate it with good times. I doubt many people think alcohol is good for them, but the situations in which they drink alcohol may well be good happy times.

I don’t begrudge anyone drinking nor those who manufacture it. The difference with alcohol and hard drugs like heroin and crack etc is most people can recreationally drink alcohol and function fine, few people can do that with hard drugs

3 Likes

…then there is what we called 100MPH tape - things that normally wouldn’t move, but on a helicopter, things get different. Sometimes, you can just use 100MPH tape and still fly that day.

1 Like

agreed - I can’t remember my mother EVER drinking unless it was part of a cup of eggnog at Christmas…

1 Like

I agree with the pills thing. I actually thought about that. The booze industry is huge and is following right in the cigarette industry’s footsteps but now they have social media to use as well. Hopefully someday alcohol will be seen for what it really is…pure poison.

2 Likes

So many popular shows nowadays show female characters with wine glasses glued to their hands! Hate it but that’s how it is. Like you said, we can only hope for change!:wink:

3 Likes