I can do it! I need to do it!

Addicted to weed since 16. Binge drinker and tobacco smoker since 17. More recently, started taking cocaine. I have a tendency for obsessive behaviors so I know this is not going to end well if I don’t stop.

In the last 15 years I broke my jaw and head twice from passing out. Quit many jobs because I was just too depressed to show up. Ruined my reputation as a musician in my home country after showing up drunk and forgetting how to play or not showing up at all. Started a fight with two gypsies who almost killed me just because I felt like provoking them. Made an adorable girl cry many times during 7 years until she could not take it anymore and left. Still, I was never able to stop.

I know I cannot control myself and one drug many times leads to another, so I want to quit all. Found this app and I am happy to know that I am not alone.
Clean for 15 hours now. Which is nothing but it is a start.

Life is a blessing. And I don’t want to live in a world of false hope and dreams. I want to find love again. I want to achieve my mental and physical potential but I know I can only do it if I get sober.

Sorry for all this self centered talk. I needed to let it out :sweat_smile:

All the best to you all!

8 Likes

Welcome! This app has helped me alot, you will find great support here. 15 hours is a huge success. One minute at a time, one day at a time. You got this :muscle: good luck on your journey.

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate it. And good luck for your journey as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hello mate, to do this recovery you will need to be the most self centered person you have ever been, this is all about you now and we want to know the new you and what you feel and discover on your journey. Don’t clock watch 1hr clean and sober is the same as 100 days, I’m on day 85 alcohol and day 45 weed and tobacco and every hour I would rather be wasted so time is irrelevant right now, it’s all about the process. It’s gonna get hard, accept it, your gonna wanna drink or smoke, accept it. As well as reading on here go read or watch things about your body and brain so you are always prepared, the worst feeling is thinking OMG is this normal well yep it all is. Come on here lots someone will always help you. It’s good you finally got yourself here now let’s start YOUR story.

4 Likes

I too am in the beginning of recovering! It’s scary and hard mentally and physically. (Which has felt like an understatement at times) But once you get past the first few days you will start to see that light at the end of the tunnel! The clarity! You can do this, you want this! :muscle:

Hi there @Sober-Rock Jose, The first minute is the hardest. Once the first minute has pushed thru the next minute and the next multitude of minutes just follow the path. I am 63 days sober, a miniscule in the time of eternity. But I am proud of it. I will be sober the next minute and the one after that. You have also pushed thru you too will be Sober the next minute and the minutes that will follow. Stay the course bro you are about to taste and feel something that is greater than anything you and I have seen.
All the best and God bless you on this journey.