I can't believe the legal drinking age indoors is 5yrs in the uk

Omg i was shocked to hear this when listening to Janey Lee Grace podcast, i am not saying parents are giving 5 year olds alcohol but seriously WHY that age, the uk needs to wake up

2 Likes

Hey there, if I may make a quick friendly suggestion…I know another member of the forum already suggested it but instead of making a new thread when you post, it would keep the forum neater and make the moderators’ lives a lot easier if you find a thread that is already open and post there.

Just as an example, I’ve been around here for a few years now and I’ve only ever created one thread.

For instance, this post could be applicable in one of the many podcast threads we have going on; here is one of them :slightly_smiling_face:

Sobriety Podcast Recommendations

You can use the hourglass at the top of the forum page to search for threads that might be relevant, I hope this helps!

7 Likes

So i just post onto someone elses post, is that correct ?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! That is why the moderators keep closing the threads you have created and linking them with other threads that already exist.

4 Likes

Oh ok thanks

3 Likes

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you to @Nordique for the clarification.

We understand it can be confusing when first joining the forum and appreciate that learning forum etiquette and rules is an ongoing process. We all had a learning curve. :slightly_smiling_face:

To help guide you and other newbies, info can be found in the Forum FAQ and Rules and Guidelines…

“One way to improve the discussion is by discovering topics that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.”

"Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
  • Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic."

@meg2, hopefully this does not deter your enthusiasm for posting, but better helps you and other new members understand the way the forum runs. :slightly_smiling_face:

And I am closing this thread as it has derailed from your original topic, which I apologize for. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes