I can't cope with my emotions. Please help me

How can I help anyone else if I can’t help myself

6 Likes

You being sober/clean and posting is helping someone else. You never know who might need to see something you’ve posted. But for me I would worry about you for a while and figure out why your emotions are out of control and then do something constructive to change it

6 Likes

I’m trying to do things to keep my hands busy and my mind busy, it’s also hard to work on myself with a partner that I love and a son that needs me. My missus is very supportive but she doesn’t know how to help as she’s never done drugs or been addicted to them.

Ps. I think my emotions are out of control because I can’t express them properly. I’ve lived most of my life surviving and bottling things up because it was always easier then doing with them

3 Likes

Maybe try taking a few minutes and just write. And I can sooo relate my fiancé has never been addicted to anything either and apparently I’m a Unicorn :roll_eyes::joy: I’m the only one with these issues in his eyes and I don’t get support from him because he just doesn’t understand, so I come here. But I drank every emotion I had away and the only way to deal with them is to actually look at what emotions you’re having and figure out why you’re having them

2 Likes

I’m starting to use the journal on this app a bit More. So maybe after a couple weeks I’ll go back on it and really think about it with a different perspective. I also can relate. Whenever I had emotions I couldn’t handle I either rolled it up into some papers or packed it into a Billy. Or in my late stages, filled the balloons up and capped every mystery powder I could get my hands on

2 Likes

Honestly lol I really dislike typing. So I have a couple of journals because to the contrary I love to actually write. So one is just what happened that day etc and one is for my emotions, if I dealt with them did I react to them in a toxic way and both seem to be helping but everyone is different and you’ll find your own way. And something you like

2 Likes

I will say when I first got sober though I took time for me don’t be in too big of a rush to fix everything take time for yourself and the rest will come

3 Likes

Just being here and sharing your story is helping others…
Right now so many people might be encountering the same as you and with you speaking/reaching out they look at it and see that they are not alone, or the only one.

Really, … My motto

Only you can do it ! But you can’t do it alone !

3 Likes

I’ll actually try that! Need to focus on my trigger points and figure out how my emotions actually work rather then just wiping away the tears and calling it a day

2 Likes

Yea maybe I am trying to rush things. Hasn’t even been 2 weeks sober yet and I think I’m all good when in reality I’m not

2 Likes

I’m trying to let people in. It’s hard because like I said, I’ve spent most of my life surviving and doing it on my own. But I’m slowly breaking down walls to build a better home

3 Likes

You remember me of a certain person…
Me.

I have kids as well but since my mother (and later my father) died I have been on the streets, addicted to drugs Frome age 17 to 21.
My trust in people was till a couple of years ago totally zero… Always suspicious and afraid to get hurt (abuse in younger years didn’t help also)

I can so much relate to the issues you encounter, beside fighting for your family and kin…

I you ever get stuck in your head and you loose the light at the end of the tunnel…

Feel free to pm , in a weird way this forum helped me so much becouse it is distant but it also has shown me that it’s a family. Everywhere are good and bad apples but I find this a safe place to share my thoughts, the problems I encountered etc

Had sober periods of 7 and 5 years. Now almost at two years of the sniff but had a relapse in opioïds this year, just a couple of weeks fortunately, but when I heard that another surgery was needed I collapsed…

Some people here really pulled me thrue in the end and I hope it can do the same for you bro

Ezra 10:4 stand up, be strong and act !

Not that I go to church regularly :joy: but I do believe in something… My own soul

Bless

And maybe you need just to cry it out… Happened to me at a certain point and I just said to my ex, hold me, don’t ask and just let me be for a while… That took about an hour,
She never asked, and a week later I opened up a bit…
Step by step

4 Likes

Just take it day by day. Don’t live in yesterday, it’s already gone. Don’t focus on tomorrow, you haven’t lived it yet… so that only leaves today. Chin up :blush: think positively and positive changes will come. You are sober think of it as a fresh start and as you have the ability to be whoever you were meant to be

3 Likes

Maybe a meeting might help plenty people there have been were you have wish you well

3 Likes

I know it might feel that way now but tomorrow is a new day, even Clark Kent can’t be Superman all the time. Sometimes it’s good to ask for help, the toughest people in this world get beat down everyday, but you can do it, get back up and put your heart back into loving yourself and focus on what you want in your life. Sobriety is probably on that list, if you have sobriety you are never ever helpless.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much guys. Every comment has been super helpful. Currently got my 2 week badge of sobriety for weed. I love this app, I love this community and the forum

4 Likes