I did it 3 weeks

Well last night at 9:00 I reached week 3… Don’t know how many years it’s been since I’ve gotten that far …longest I had lasted would be a week …I’m feeling good lot of energy and very hopeful… I don’t know why I keep stressing over get-togethers and holidays when they’re not even here but I’m working on that… have a great day everyone😉… oh yeah and my sober date is my second grandson’s birthday January 27th when I could not even go up to the hospital to see him without drinking shots first

14 Likes

Congrats on 3 weeks. :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations on 3 weeks, thats an achievement, keep moving forward with the good work

1 Like

Congratulations! :facepunch:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you will find that there’s no point stressing over them even when they ARE here. More often then not, you not drinking is really a non-issue for others. They may be surprised and curious but after you say “I’ve decided that drinking was bad for me” (or something similar) they say “good for you” and move on to a conversation about appetizers or such.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to add, CONGRATULATIONS on 3 weeks.

1 Like

I’m actually not worried about what they think… I’m worried about how I will get through it… I’ve been sticking pretty close to home

1 Like

You can do it. You just need to have a plan in place before you get into the situation. It would also help to let someone close to you know what your plan is so they can have your back if something sticky pops up.

1 Like