I did it, I made it to day 3

I’m so happy! I made it to my first real, solid goal! 3 full days!

I am still having issues with muscles and headaches. Mainly tension style, behind my right brow bone.

I had a recommendation for turmeric; but could not recall if there was a specific method to prepping it? Do I mix it in a drink? On foods? By itself?

Thank you all for your continued support!

4 Likes

Congrats! That’s a huge accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself for conquering 1 day, let alone 3.

Flagging @Yoda-Stevie, as he is the turmeric expert and is the person who made me privvy to it, but you can actually just buy it at any store in tablet form for the purpose of taking as a remedy/supplement (I was able to get a bottle of it at the grocery store without problem). I’m not sure if powdered form will provide a high enough concentration unless you use a ton of it, I read somewhere that it has to be like at least 350mg or something…but I’ll let the expert tell you himself.

2 Likes

Unless you eat an Indian (sub-continental) diet, where Tumeric is in every dish, I would recommend buying it in capsule form. I take 4 caplets a day, totaling 400mg daily, and then up it if I am dealing with an injury or a headache.

I practice martial arts, so my muscles and joints take a beating. Within two weeks of adding Tumeric supplements, I noticed a lot of relief.

I have found it works best in combination with Glucosimine, Chondtriton, and Omega3 (fish oil). I also use ice for immediate relief. Ice is your friend. For headaches, fill a ziplock bag with ice, and set it on top of your head. Sit back and close your eyes. 15 minutes and it will be gone.

2 Likes

Thank you @Yoda-Stevie!

1 Like

Thank you so much @TMAC !

2 Likes

Just made it to day three myself; getting past the sweats and sleeplessness can be a chore.
Still ive found relief I’m 5-HtP and herbal supplimemt similar to melatonin. Love seeing all the positive support and natural healing for the inflammation caused by drinking!
Keep up the good work!

Thank you for he advice @purplish !
I will look into it.

My next milestone would be the 1 week mark!

2 Likes

You and @WorldwhyTF are sober twins. Having a sober twin is good, for motivation and celebration of milestones.

I have an absolutely beautiful soul (and a classy lady) @Benedictine as my sober twin. We used to have sober quads, but two fell by the wayside.

5 Likes

Congratulations on making it this far! It’s not going to be easy, but I promise it will be worth it if you just push through each day. One day at a time.

1 Like

That is awesome @purplish! Hopefully we can keep eachother motivated!!! Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Congratulations! That’s amazing! Having a sober twin is great. I long for a sober twin. As I don’t have one I’ve just glommed onto @Englishd, @anon37742172, and @Yoda-Stevie (who all have much more time than I).

4 Likes

I’m glad to have you as a little sober sister.

3 Likes