I did it! One year sober

Today marks a major milestone for me. Today I officially hit 365 days sober!! One whole year! When I first started trying to get sober I relapsed more times then I can count. I had to learn drinking was not my problem but a symptom of my emotional health. I had to face all the ugly demons I hated about myself. I had learn it was ok to not be ok. I had to learn to ask for help when I needed it. I learned all this from the absolutely amazing support team from my AA meetings and this amazing app.

Being sober does not keep bad days from happening but it makes them happen less often and easier to manage. In early sobriety when a bad day was happening I constantly repeated to myself One Day At A Time. This would remind me that just for today I could choice to stay sober. If it was so bad I would break it down even smaller. Just for this hour I can stay sober and repeated that every hour.

Life in sobriety has been such an amazing gift that I didn’t know I needed. I will forever be grateful for everyone that has helped me stay sober.

If you are struggling to stay sober reach out to someone, hit a meeting, read some post on here. I promise it will get easier. We CAN and we DO recover!

94 Likes

Awesome Sauce!! Congratulations. :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations I can’t wait to get to that myself!!!

1 Like

Huge congratulations :tada:

1 Like

This is so good to see! Haven’t seen you much lately and I’m glad things are still great! Onto yeqr 2 for you!

1 Like

Congratulations on your year!! :tada::balloon::confetti_ball:

1 Like

c54aa098528adac4963bb0c530cad664

1 Like

What an amazing accomplishment! Congrats to you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations @Ninjakitty, what an inspirational share ,loved every word of it , I hit a year just over 2 months ago and my god it’s been a journey .congratulations my friend welcome to the club​:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

That’s beautiful growth, living life on life’s terms in the present.

Happy birthday lady, enjoy your day, you earned it.

6 Likes

Getting better at getting better for an entire year! Keep getting after it!

1 Like

Legend. :100::muscle::100::heart: it.

1 Like

Such a beautiful post! Huge congratulations on a year of a better life!

1 Like

Congrats on one year! :tada: :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations!! I was feeling down and You made my day. Thank you!

3 Likes

levelup

Congrats!

3 Likes

I have CHILLS! There was some OUTSTANDING advice in there! Not running from yourself…GOLD. And “one day at a time”, down to “one hour”. I love this. I was fighting the urge to drink (I’m on day 14) the other day and it was only about 5:30 pm. I thought I’d fall off. Said to myself, “I CAN drink, I have the choice, but today is not the day.” Thought I’d try to go to bed earlier if it got bad. Before I knew it, I distracted myself and it was after midnight, I was finally ready for bed, I was peoductive, and I was sober. I made sure to dwell on my success when I woke up w/o a hangover.
AWESOME words of excellence and PROPS to you!!! Wow. I cannot imagine! That’s a lot of holidays to suffer through! :laughing: And you did it!!!

12 Likes

That is awesome! Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Great work!!! :stars::tada::stars::tada::stars::tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations. Great to see this!:grin:

2 Likes