I dont drink anymore

A phrase I need to use from now on.

27 Likes

Me too! No thanks, I don’t drink. A soda for me please :+1::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Lots of water, Gatorade, and fizzy drinks for this guy. I’m finding the drinking was much like a smokers problem with oral fixation, and of course the addiction… lol.

6 Likes

Put it in the same category of say drinking Windex; it’s not an option!
I find it’s easier when people know it’s my thing now.

12 Likes

I dont use any form of drugs…
You can drink thou?

Oooo did you know alcohol is a drug

I get asked do you want a soda nowadays

9 Likes

A phrase that becomes easier to say, every time you say it because you think about the “Why’s”, as soon as you say it. That just reinforces why you’re Sober.

3 Likes

I just prefer “No, thank you” and then if they ask why you can be as gross as you want describing some hidden infection, that has you on meds.

6 Likes

Lol, that’s a good one…never thought of that before.

I leave out the “anymore”

I dont usually say I don’t drink though. I usually just say "Im good

4 Likes

I don’t drink anymore after my agent say beer can in trash can month ago

Before I got sober, when someone offered me a drink I would sometimes say “I don’t drink any more…Then again, I don’t drink any less, so thanks!”. So nowadays, like @Bubonicphoniks, I just say I don’t drink. Or No thanks.

2 Likes

That is what I’m doing now as well. For years alcohol made me a blabbering, lying, obnoxious belligerent fool. Looking back on how ignorant I acted, it’s embarrassing. With that said, I am finally taking accountability & realizing all of these things. I still do other things like smoke cigs & stuff but that doesn’t make me the way alcohol did. That’s the problem with alcohol for me. I am thankful I’m learning to deal with life in different ways now. Stay strong & thanks for your advice on the just say no whenever around alcohol.

3 Likes

I have actually enjoyed the fact that not drinking or smoking weed makes me some type of unicorn these days.

Want a beer? Nah I’m good.

It gets easier to say the longer you say it, like a muscle.

3 Likes

The more you say it the easier it gets :metal:

Different people have different reactions when you say - “I don’t drink”. Some are sympathetic and some aren’t. The trick is not to care. It’s not about thier approval or lack of it. It’s about me. My life. I am doing this for myself.

3 Likes

I feel uneasy with that phrase. I drink a lot, always did, mostly tea and water. I just stoped consuming alcohol, mostly beer. As I formerly always said NO to prosecco, sparkling wine and all of this category because of an instant headache after one sip, I now say NO to all kinds of alcohol, I prefer tea, water or juice (with water, I don’t like sweet taste).

Anecdotal aside, I also don’t drink coffee, my stomach became too sensitive decades ago :sob:. So I havent consumed 50 % of the usual staple food anyway. The other 50 % is beer (or prosecco for the “ladies”). Here at my place, you are kind of an alien not drinking coffee. I’m fine with having tea or water, either one is available in every household. So: Yes, I drink. Tea for me please :coffee:

3 Likes

A good friend of mine was already sober when we met. She used to crack me up every time we went out for coffee or dinner. Her response is always, “No, thanks. I have already had my lifetime quota.” She swears that it takes people off guard, makes them laugh and let’s her reaffirm her power of choice. Personally, I usually say, “I will love a *insert soda/juice/water.”

You never have to justify or explain your choice.

4 Likes

I say “I won’t drink, because I don’t drink. I am a non-drinker.”

2 Likes

For me it’s “No thank you. I don’t drink.”

4 Likes