I don't know if I can do this

I really never drank. I started drinking beer but in small amounts. When my husband came into my life he was already an alcoholic. I still didn’t drink hard liquor for a long while and then was introduced to El Jimador tequila. Now I am having trouble stopping! He keeps drinking and I don’t know what to do. I am seeing the physical effects from lab work and I know I have to stop drinking.

OMG this is so hard!

7 Likes

I’m very new to this but you are not alone and if you want to chat Iv been checking in every 30 minutes or so and I got labs done and I wasn’t very happy!

5 Likes

Oh boy, that is a tough situation but you can absolutely live a sober life, and you deserve it. What’s your plan or what are you going to do to get and stay sober? I ask, because that’s key if you want a sober life. Your lab work can turn around if you stop drinking, but if you continue, it will get worse. We have unheard of rates of cirrhosis and other ailments caused by alcohol consumption in younger people (20s and 30s), and women are particularly susceptible to these awful conditions. Keep coming back and checking in.

2 Likes

If you want it enough, you can do anything. Put the bottle down, ring a local sobriety group. If you really don’t feel like you can do it alone, you probably won’t. Give yourself a fighting chance and actively seek help. Good luck to you :pray:

2 Likes

I think you do know what to do, which is why you joined this great community and posted. I like to keep things simple because too much for me is already complex. If you don’t like what you’re doing and you see bad results from what you’re doing, it’s time to do something else. You can’t stop his drinking, but you can stop yours. :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s hard living out in the country! I don’t have a lot of resources available.

1 Like

Yeah living in the middle of nowhere certainly has its downfalls as well as its perks.

Loads of meetings online if you haven’t already looked them up. You can stay anon or join in whatever you see fit. Just remember. The more time you spend around these forums, online meetings, reading, is time you’ve spent learning and getting better. Immerse yourself in this stuff and it can build you a bulletproof armor against everything!

2 Likes

If you have internet and a phone, you have access to sobriety support 24/7. Community is key.

2 Likes

Thànk you! It’s what keeps me motivated.

1 Like

I’m still relatively new here too, but know this- you’re never alone here !! One step, one breath at a time- our community is here for YOU :heart:

1 Like

Thank you. Yes I am trying to set up my plan!

My husband already has chronic pancreatitis and I have watched him wither down to 124 pounds. Every day, I check to make sure he’s breathing when I get out of bed.

1 Like

Oh my. I am so incredibly sorry. I’m praying for you and your husband.

3 Likes