I don't know what is happening to me

This thing is already second time which happened to me and honestly, I don’t know anymore what to do or what is happening to me.
Basically, in short, this is a scheme which happened to in these two times.

I’m getting triggered → I have anxiety attack → I possibly dissociate or lose my mind → then I ‘woke up’ in some way and I don’t remember what happened

I’m right now in cabinet of my school psychologist and he discuss with other teacher which knows what is happening to me about what is to me happening with this struggle, so they can help. I heared that it can be dissociation or epilepsy due to my schizophrenia. I honestly don’t know what to think of that, either both sound to me a bit crazy. Maybe because right now I feel a lot… Strange. Like I don’t exist and nothing isn’t real.

So yeah… I have my therapy session at evening but I at least now need to hear what is happening to me. So I ask you here all. Any help and support will be a lot appreciate.

P. S.: I’m clean from alcohol and drugs for long time, so it can’t be because of me being lately drink or high. I have few disorders as, earlier mentioned schizophrenia, as well personality disorder, anxiety, depression, bulimia and PTSD.

7 Likes

As far as I know dissociative episodes can occur with schizophrenia. Not remembering what happened and feeling strange are symptoms. Please see a doctor for professional help asap. Sending you strength :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thank you a lot. I will, don’t worry. :white_heart::pray:t2:

3 Likes

This must be so scary and confusing. I am sorry you are going through this. A diagnosis is for sure needed- for your peace of mind and also so the people around you at home and school, etc know how to react during an episode to keep you safe. Keep pressing your doctors for answers.

6 Likes

I think that is something you need to discuss with a professional. I think few of us here have qualifications to help, but you have my support :purple_heart:. That sounds scary and hope you find answers asap.

5 Likes

Updating.

Okay, so I was at therapy session where I discussed about it with my therapist. She told me it’s a lot possible I’m dissociative. She explained me what does it mean and how to work with it and… Now it makes sense and I remember other cases where I as well heavily dissociated.
I’m glad I now know the answer. Now I can help myself knowing what is happening to me.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update!
I’m glad you now know what it is and how to cope/react. Knowledhe about what’s going on gives you back control and power to deal with it.
Reach out when you need again.

1 Like