I don't need alcohol

I figured out that I don’t need alcohol to deal with the uncertainty of having a baby. During the birth of my previous kids, I spent the night “celebrating” by drinking. Really was just afraid of what changes would come.

Sunday morning, my daughter was born and I was sober and I am sober. As scary and uncertain the changes are, I embrace them; they are there regardless of my sobriety, might as well make the most of it.

7 Likes

I don’t need alcohol to enjoy playing golf. In years past I’d get so hammered that I’d lose interest halfway through the round and end up not enjoying it. Now I actually play well through the entire 18.

4 Likes

I don’t need alcohol to have a great holiday with my beautiful family. In fact I enjoy every little second of a sober holiday. Playing with the kids in the pool at the beach and being in peace with my partner. :heart:

5 Likes

This is so great! :blush:

Love this thread SO much!!! Thanks @Dejavu :raised_hands::blush:

I don’t need alcohol to have fun. I don’t need alcohol to be liked. I don’t need alcohol to have courage. I don’t need alcohol to go out with my friends, laugh and have a good time.

3 Likes

I don’t need alcohol to get away from that feeling of wanting to crawl out of my own skin. Apparently that feeling starts to fade for realz with continuous sobriety. WHO KNEW?!?!!

1 Like

I know!! Who knew indeed! Not me…I just thought that was ‘how I was’…grateful to find out differently!

3 Likes

I don’t need alcohol to have sex.

2 Likes

I do not need alcohol to numb the physical pain. A Sentence I am surely repeating a lot this week.

1 Like

Havnt needed Alcohol for half my life keep on trucking

3 Likes