I don't want revenge

I really don’t. I know my addiction is my fault. No one else is responsible.

However, the person who introduced me to intravenous drug use is someone whom I know to be an evil person. He intentionally seeks out people whom he can get into the needle. I know I am not the only one. I fear this is something that he could still be doing.

He’s also a well-respected physician.

If I say something to the authorities, it would feel a lot like I am just seeking to ruin someone else’s life and career because of my choices. And why would I say anything? It’s not like I am going to report any of the dealers I used to buy from.

If I don’t say anything and this guy continues to follow the same pattern as he did with me, then I am I complicit in his activities? This guy is evil. There is so much more to the story that I haven’t gone into.

I’m conflicted. When I think about it, I just get sick to my stomach.

Just anonymously report him. That way your name is clear and you will feel better about helping others not get pulled in by this evil person.

1 Like

Pray to your higher power, God, the universe, what ever it is. The answer, and peace will find you.

2 Likes

If you really believe he might still be getting other people hooked then you should report him…his life and career should be ruined, IMHO. If there is a way to do it annonymously (perhaps you can make a complaint to a medical board) then do it. If you can’t, well, I guess you need to decide how much you want to put your own reputation on the line for it.

I am SO sorry that you are going through this.

1 Like

Not knowing the whole story, it is very difficult to assess this situation and give advice. I will say this; when someone in a position of authority uses that power to bring undue harm to individuals in their care, justice must be served and that person must be stopped. I think to the Larry Nassar case and all those gymnasts who trusted him and were sexually abused/assaulted as children and young adults. Many of his superiors were complicit just by turning a blind eye. You are not his superior, rather a victim, and victims often have a hard time coming forward, so I understand your dilemma. You just might save a life if you turn this vile person into the authorities. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Yes!! That sick Larry guy! I’m sure he’s getting what he deserves in prison!

1 Like

He should be reported. why? He put others people’s life on the Line… im sure he will get what he deserves. I hope you will find answers on what you should do . Best of wishes and remember you are a good PERSON :pray::pray:

If this guy is a doctor than he swore an oath to help people not harm them. Report him. I’m sure there is a way to do this without bringing your name into it. I’m sorry this happened to you. This man is vile and I hope he pays for his atrocities.

1 Like

I think you know what you want to do and you know what you need to do, perhaps you’re looking for that nudge. I say, you do what you gotta do to be right by yourself.

1 Like

Do what you feel is right, at the end of the day it’s you that has to live with the decision you made. Choose wisely

Ahem

Bollocks to that guy, report the shit out of him!

A qualified physician who encourages any kind of detrimental drug use is NOT a qualified physician and action should be taken. You may not report your dealers but they are not in positions of trust and responsible for peoples health and well being. I would not be able to sit on that knowledge; In my opinion, NOT reporting him is fundamentally wrong.

Obviously its your call and of course you havrnt gone through the details but I don’t think this matters given the severity of his actions.

1 Like

This has me curious. Was he your doctor? How is going about getting people to shoot up? Does he also use ?

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn’t.”
-Erica Jong

4 Likes

He was never my doctor. He is a heavy user himself.

I can only speak directly about my personal experience, but I’ve been told very similar stories by others whom I have met since first meeting him.

1. I met him on a gay hookup site. He invited me over promising that there would be drugs and hot guys to “party” with.

2. While at his house, we start by smoking, but he eventually offers an injection (a “slam”). I decline at first. He says that is ok, but continues to talk about how pleasurable it is and how much more intense it is. We watch videos of guys who inject and seem to enjoy it.

3. After declining his offer on the first visit, I receive subsequent invitations where the offers are repeated. He promises that, since he is a doctor, there is nothing to worry about. He won’t give me an overdose or let me have a bad experience. Finally, I agree.

4. After several return visits with progressively increasing doses, he tells me how “hot” it is that Ia getting addicted and how he enjoys seeing me “get twisted.”

There is lots more to the story I don’t feel comfortable going into here, but that is the rough outline of how he operated.

That is a beyond fucked up story. . He’s a dr, so naturally people are going to trust him. He’s abusing his power and using it for evil instead of good. If you don’t report him someone else will eventually but when is the question. How many more peoples lives will he have ruined by then ???

I’m a physician. This individual is violating every ethical and medical standard. The are state medical boards where his activities can be reported anonymously.

2 Likes

This guy is disgusting. I am so sorry you had to experience this

I missed this thread the first time around.

I agree that you should report him. It’s clearly I’m contravention to how a physician should operate, and merits reporting because of his behaviour and professional obligations per se, and that’s all you need consider in specifically your decision to report.

The fact this is abhorrent human behaviour and is tied up in every kind of emotion and moral conviction is also something to work through, but I see this as a parallel to the reporting, not a prerequisite. My viewpoint personally is that revenge isn’t the action but the stance of your heart. Your words indicate to me that, despite how difficult an issue this must be for you, your motivation isn’t revenge, and you want to do this because his behaviour cannot stand, not to get satisfaction.

I get that it still might feel like revenge for the moment, but you can reaffirm your decision when that stirs up. Whatever kind of turmoil is there, you can find peace in that you are protecting people from him.

My thoughts are with you.