I feel like crap

Today is going on my 3rd day without drinking and the sweating is out of control. I feel like crap…hopefully this will get better.

2 Likes

It does and soon, just hold on and stay hydrated!

1 Like

I was a mess on the 3rd day! Give it a full week and yes, drinks lots of water!

1 Like

Day 3 can be one of the hardest. Stay hydrated and rest. It will get better

Hold Strong!

1 Like

Keep it going bro, go for a walk of you can. Sweat it out

1 Like

If you have b vitamins take one. Drink Gatorade, take a shower or a bath. Read something. Hang in there.

Listen to what everyone is saying: it will feel better. Drink water. Take b vitamins. When the cravings for sweets hit, feed it. When you feel foggy, get up and move around to get that oxygenated alcohol-free blood to your unpickled brain. Post here about how you are feeling physically and mentally.

Once the withdrawal is gone, it’s all mental…and that’s the tough part. You’ll find some wonderful people here just itching to give advice, encouragement, support, motivation and truth.

3 Likes

i feel so bad, did not move all day from bead, got proper drunk last night, waste louds of money, that i really work so hard to earn … money that i really need for more seriouse things, had an incident with one guy at the pub … it is getting worse and worse… it has been years since im struggle with alchool. i tryied so many times to give up, i got to the point where i think is imposible to quit ! i am all alone thanks to the booz and single, i cant recognize myself anymore … this need to end now ! i want my life back !

Have you ever tried going to a meeting or a rehab?

Man, I didn’t think the uncontrollable sweating would stop! My palms were always moist, I hated holding hands at the ends of meetings because of it. Took like 2 to 3 weeks for mine to die down, thats also when the good restful sleep started to come.

Just ride it out, do it right the first time. Most all of us have started and stopped, started and stopped and never gets any better. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay hydrated and get a b-complex vitamin and persistance–but, good for you! Way to go! The first few days were so hard for me (as I am sure it is for many) that’s why we call it “30 days and 1000 nights” when we get our 1 month chip in AA.

hqdefault

1 Like

Decide to be better, and then be better. It really is that simple. Not easy, but simple.

1 Like

Just hold tight and push through, day 3 was tough for me so I know how you’re feeling, but trust me it does get better. From about day 5 in my case so you’re nearly there and hopefully it will get easier for you too.

Personally I went to AA and checked in here practically every hour or more and it really got me through.

Try to plan some kind of recovery related work, be it AA, SMART or there’s lots of others and read through the posts here and you’ll find lots of information. Just use the search tool for keywords for what is on your mind.

You are doing great, keep pushing through and stay on the track.

1 Like