I feel like crying... for no reason

I’m sitting here on Saturday morning, drinking my coffee, watching a Christmas movie and playing FF14… and suddenly, all I want to do is cry.

Is this normal? Is it the gab, the withdrawals, that time of the month amped up by meds and withdrawal (i don’t get emotional at this time normally)?

12 Likes

It absolutely is normal. Ever since i got clean and sober, i have been more emotional, more grateful for a simple clean and sober life, I feel more love and joy, more peace. All of these beautlful gifts of recovery make me tear up. Its very normal :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am sober almost 4 years and sometimes I feel tears coming up out of the blue. And that’s okay I guess. They roll out and I let myself be sad. And that’s okay too.

You will be better soon. It will pass. We are here for you :sunflower::innocent:

4 Likes

Good morning! I am 3 days sober and spent most of yesterday so emotional too. I feel like reading what everyone has has posted helps me to believe it’s normal. This is my first post here. I’m so glad I found you all.

10 Likes

It’s normal and actually quite good for you.

4 Likes

You could be more in tune with your hormonal monthly emotions because they are no longer being buried and drowned out by the drug of choice. Listen to your body, rest and let yourself rest of your need to.

Think of ways to let yourself relax. I enjoy to walk on the beach or a duvet day or some comfort food.

3 Likes

Just cry it is OK to cry. Crying actually gets some “bad stuff” out of the body.
I hope you will feel better as the day goes on.

2 Likes

Sometimes I almost feel as if crying is the only solution! Just know it’s okay to cry! Sometimes it makes us feel better! Know that you are doing better and change is hard but there was clearly a reason for change! Stay strong!

2 Likes

Welcome. I’ve only been here a month myself. Posting my thoughts and feelings and getting support from the people who came before me has helped so much, as well as helping those who’ve come after. Glad you’re here. Thanks for your thoughts.

3 Likes

Thank you. Next time I’ll lean into it.

1 Like

A gentle breeze would make me cry when i first got sober…very normal

5 Likes

Part of my recovery involves rebuilding my self worth, so I’ve been helping out at home, spreadin the hope here whenever i can, tipping heavy and being generous with people in need when ever i can… its small, but its a start.

4 Likes

Thank you. This is quite a ride. So glad i have all of you to help.

2 Likes

Thanks. So many new feelings, that’s for sure

1 Like

Omg, i have comfort fooded myself into an extra 7lbs and counting. But I’ve given my self permission to eat whatever i want for now. Just like when i quit smoking. Lesser of two evils

4 Likes

I get it. Its cathartic. Just wasn’t expecting it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Stay strong and cry. Sounds like an awesome t shirt. I’m copywriting that!

1 Like

Hi, i hope your feeling better :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Based on what I have read here for the last four years it appears to be a common thing. A lot of people describe similar experiences. It is always best to consult a mental health professional about such things though.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yeah, I’m good.

1 Like