I feel like im going crazy

Thanks for posting this, I totally relate and the replies are helpful.

1 Like

Like you, mostly guitar. Iā€™ve had a banjo. mandolin, ukelele, voilin, piano and bass as well. I can sorta play them. :rofl:

I like to sing, but I am not great at it. Itā€™s a hard skill to learn; seems youā€™re either born with it or not.

Anytime I found myself feeling this way (I have it all, but still not happy) I was told by my mom that I was ā€œout of exchangeā€ā€¦ meaning that I was receiving more than giving/giving less than receiving, which causes loss of self-respect and unhappiness. The solution to this is to contribute by personally helping others in need. You should give it a go and let us know how ya feel after :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think when it comes to singing its figuring out your voice style. Like Iā€™d live to be able to sing like Tyler childers but my voice just is monotone (that Iā€™ve found so far) just like with learning instruments though you have to practice. Iā€™m still new to it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the same feeling Iā€™m going through right now and Iā€™m on day 63. Its like thereā€™s a void that my mind needs to fill but itā€™s not coming that easy. I have times where Iā€™m not even feeling nothing which makes me want to get drunk just to feel a little out of control. My psychiatrist asked me how am i and i told her the same thing "im not happy or unhappy Iā€™m just on autopilot which makes me very uneasy. Thank you for writing this.

1 Like

You have made it this far. Congratulations! Keep things one day at a time. Sometimes it is even one minute at a time. You are not alone.

Do you attend any groups? Do you have any contact with other individuals in recovery?

If the answer is, No, you may consider finding a group to attend. There you will find connections with like minded people, people in recoveryā€¦

I know that for me when I begin to feel the way you do group is a big pick me up.

1 Like

I see why youā€™re yoda. I always look forward to reading what you have to say. Thank you for being here.

3 Likes

I am here for the same reason you are here: to get better at getting better each and every day. Better today than we were yesterday, and tomorrow better still. Thanks for being part of this community.

2 Likes

Yeah I would like to start helping others. I told my counselor that. She attends aa alot says I need to be more grounded first.

1 Like

so I was playing the Taylorā€™s and Martinā€™s at the guitar stores then some guy said I think youā€™ll like this alot. And I had to get it

3 Likes

Oh nice! Love it! I am actually on my way to the music store right now, Iā€™ve no idea what Iā€™ll be picking up!

Send pics!!

I ended up picking up a new interface and headphone amp. Not as sexy as a new guitar, but itā€™ll help me record some cool music.

3 Likes

This is probably the most brilliant thing Iā€™ve read this week. Thank you for sharing. I know I spoke with my therapist about happiness and joy and the truth is I donā€™t know if I would recognize if I had it. I tried so hard to find it in a bottle but it was never real. I know it is going to take timeā€¦and Iā€™ve got the entire remainder of my life to find it. Iā€™m sure I will.

1 Like

Nice haul! Iā€™ve got the Solo, itty bitty baby bro to your 18i20, wish I had gone for the 2 or 4 channel though. Maybe next year!

@Sean2 if you record anything Iā€™d like to see it on the Musicians Unite thread!

1 Like

TBH, 90% of what I record is done with one channel. I used to record the acoustic guitar with 2 channels, direct in and a mic, but single mic works just as well. This is my 3rd interface. Started with the Audiobox (left), used that for several years, then got the Yamaha mixer, but only does 2 inputs to the computer. I wanted something that can record a whole drum kit or a whole band playing live. Now, just need the band :rofl:

3 Likes

Movinā€™ up! I often work with a stupid amount of channels (when I find time, that is), but only in software, lots of synths and sampled instruments. As far as hardware goes, I wouldnā€™t really use more than 2 channels, for direct in + mic.

I actually wanted to make my own mixer once, like your Yamaha but smaller, from electronic components (potentiometers, capacitors, etc.) I knew it would have been poor quality, I just wanted to get my hands dirty with a proof of concept. That tinkerer in me still lives on, but dormantā€¦

2 Likes

I was just searching the web for new books to keep occupied, Iā€™ll check this book out. Thanks for sharing :yellow_heart:

In my experience thats the best book Ive read my whole life although Im not even finished. I read some chapters over and over again and I will read the book over and over again I know that it has changed my life already and the message in there should be known to every human in my opinion. Its ā€œthe power of nowā€ by eckhart tolle and I recommend it to anyone I know haha

1 Like

awesome Iā€™ll check it out.