I feel terrible

My stepdad just got taken to the hospital by ambulance. He is terminally ill. He suddenly had an intense pain in his top right leg. He couldn’t move and I had to hold him until the ambulance arrived. I held him as he was thrifting in and out of conscience. I had to help him onto the brancard whilst he was yelling from the pain. Such levels of pain can kill him. He might die. I feel intense pain inside. But surprisingly I don’t have the urge to get rid off it. Guess sobriety dies get easier

5 Likes

Sorry for what’s happening Jan. You’re doing good. You’re a strong guy being there for him. My thoughts are with you both.

1 Like

Thanks, that means a lot to me

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your step dad. It is good you were able to be with him and help him. :heart:

1 Like

My mom just told me he’s on oxygen. I’m not sure but that’s a bad thing right?
At least it means he isn’t dead (yet)

Oxygen normally is given to make a person more comfortable when he’s having problems breathing Jan. It isn’t a bad or a good sign as such. Take care friend.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining, really helps me ease down a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

They’re now taking x-rays

1 Like

I’m so sorry, that must be a little traumatic. So proud you wanted to be sober and still do. Remember you’re useful sober and can make rational choices sober. Positive thoughts for you and your family.

1 Like

The doctors reviewed the x-rays and don’t have a fucking clue what caused the pain, but at least nothing is broken or anything

2 Likes

It turns out it is a stuck nerve, so not much to worry about. It will be taking at least 2 weeks to heal.

2 Likes

What is a stuck nerve?

Likely an impingement/compression of the nerve root in his lumbar spine. Lower back spinal nerves talk to our legs. Common, can come on sharply with even little activity. But, with abrupt onset like that, a clot or other vascular problem would be worst case, therefore the imaging. Hope this helps and glad his images came out good.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your stepdad
Your embracing your feelings head on dealing with life sober
.it hurts but your staying strong
Proud of you :green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

He just send me a message, he is doing better, but he is not able to stand or walk yet.

2 Likes

What @Smitty97 said. Would have been better if I had used the word jammed, so something I learned today :slightly_smiling_face: