I fell off. . But I’m back

Well I’m back. . Let’s try this again. No excuses and no need to even say I’m embarrassed because I’m sure all of you have felt that before as well. Time to take control back.

Happy Sunday everyone.
:heart:

16 Likes

Thank you, and congrats!! That is a great accomplishment and you got through the hard part of the weekend! Good for you! Keep up the great work.

1 Like

It’s a good job that you’re back. Yes, relapsing is a drag (I did so about 45 days ago), but the important thing is to pick yourself up and start again.
You can do it, we all can.

4 Likes

Thank you. . Yea it’s def not a fun thing, I feel embarrassed, really down on myself, disappointed, frustrated, annoyed. . All those negative things. But I know once I get a few days back under my belt I’ll be motivated, determined, and feeling better. Just have to take myself one moment at a time to get through the dark time. I appreciate all the support :heart:

3 Likes

You got it don’t worry! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was pretty annoyed with myself as well, so I can certainly relate. I was particularly annoyed that I “let” my family be a trigger, instead of being more focused and determined.
I’m going to be back in Canada with my family in about a month… much as it will be nice to attend my nephew’s wedding, in some ways I’m not looking forward to going at all…

1 Like

Trying To Get Better…

1 Like

So glad you’re back! It’s all part of the journey. Here you are though, refusing to give yo on you, and that is awesome!!

1 Like

I’m with you. Took myself down that dark hole. Seems like fun to begin with, then you move faster and faster until the lightness fades and you are back in the anxious regretful angry self hating world again. I hit the bottom and am proud to say I am 24 hours sober…baby steps.

4 Likes

You will, give yourself time & credit… Relapse is part of recovery, we’ve all been there & it happens. You’re GOING to get & feel better.

1 Like

I’m back after 5 months off. I made it 4 months before. This time I know I can make it 5 and longer. You can too! It’s time to kick ass! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Baby steps are good steps… soon enough, one day will be 3, then five, then double digits…
I forget who said “the longest journey starts with a single step”, but it’s true.
And having just returned to Europe from Japan yesterday, I can assure you that that “first step” bit really does get you home, after a while.

1 Like